This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
    Blah blah blah. As expected he's already planting the excuses with the lack of friendlies, even though it's his own fault for not having planned them 6 months ago and the audacity to say that we have a tough group?! This is the easiest group Iran has ever had in the Asian Cup! These were our opponents in the group stage of the last 3 Asian Cups:

2011: Iraq: Defending champion. North Korea: WC participant.
    2007: China: Runner-up in previous AC. Uzbekistan: Quarter-finalist in previous AC and WC qualifiers play-off
    2004: Japan: Defending Champion and WC 2nd round participant. Thailand/Bahrain: Both made the final round of WCQ

And these are our "tough" opponents now:

Qatar: Quarter-finalists in previous AC, no WC or play-off participation.
    UAE: Finished last in the group in the last AC, didn't make the final round of WCQ.
    Bahrain: Didn't make it out of the group stage in the last AC, didn't make the final round of WCQ.
    Dear:

Once again he has to deliver, that is most important criteria to judge him.
    He has nice character, talk nice conduct himself admirably and dance with his own promotional propaganda well but that is not what he was hired for or will substitute results.
    If he cannot do better than say GN, then he is and was a wrong choice for Iran.
    IFF can not provide him all he request but what he get is more than any other coach in history of sport in Iran has received .
    Let's hope he delivers.

As for his Ghashi lovers , good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
      Blah blah blah. As expected he's already planting the excuses with the lack of friendlies, even though it's his own fault for not having planned/requested them 6 months ago - you notice how he doesn't blame it on the IFF?! And the audacity to say that we have a tough group?! This is the easiest group Iran has ever had in the Asian Cup. These were our opponents in the group stage of the last 3 Asian Cups:

2011: Iraq: Defending champion. North Korea: WC participant.
      2007: China: Runner-up in previous AC. Uzbekistan: Quarter-finalist in previous AC and WC qualifiers play-off
      2004: Japan: Defending Champion and WC 2nd round participant. Thailand/Bahrain: Both made the final round of WCQ

And these are our "tough" opponents now:

Qatar: Quarter-finalists in previous AC, no WC or play-off participation.
      UAE: Didn't make it out of the group stage in the last AC, didn't make the final round of WCQ.
      Bahrain: Didn't make it out of the group stage in the last AC, didn't make the final round of WCQ.

This dude seriously puts IRians to shame with the amount of BS he dishes out.
      Seriously, even our WC group was the easiest we had. He used the media to make it seem like we were drawn into the group of death. (Nigeria is African Champs, Bosnia is one of the best in Europe etc. ). Now he is trying to do the same with Qatar, Bahrain and UAE . He knows we are in an easy group so he is trying to take a lot of credit when we beat them down easily. Nice try. Our path to the semis is pretty much a guarantee.

Comment

I guess we'll know if he can deliver or is just a one trick pony in a few more days. As far as I know, we have NEVER lost to Korea at home, so at the very least he needs to keep that record intact in this game (i.e. win or tie).

IF TM puts on a good performance and we see some tactical creativity, we know we have something to look forward to. If the Koreans expose his same-old same-old tired formations and tactics that were figured out by the end of the Argentina game and fully exposed by the Bosnians and we lose this game or worse yet, get thrashed, then we'll know that he's got nothing to offer other than good PR.

I really hope he proves us naysayers wrong and we see a convincing performance from TM. I'm sure everyone would rather be excited than depressed between now and the Asian Cup.

Comment

It is soo good to see the TM get together again and all are in such frienship mood
          this by far our friendliest TM with each other ,that we ever had and thats because of CQ

Comment

I say this again

If we can hold on to the 5 planned friendlies that we have set up so far meaning :S.Korea,S.Africa,Kenya(or another african nation),Palestine and Iraq

It will be a good enough preparation for AC and as the tournment goes on we will get better and better

I really believe that

Comment

http://www.tasnimnews.com/English/Home/Single/552868

Comment

http://www.teammelli.com/2014/11/10/...e-you-nothing/

I think the Bi-Honar guy in this thread wrote this beautiful article

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
                  Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude bad joori zadi to sare maal.

One, I only write inspirational articles before major tournaments, regardless of how I feel about TM's coach or prospects - that's if I get paid enough to write them of course!

Two, I like to think that my articles have been way more intelligent, well written and mostly years ahead of their time on touching on social issues.

Take this one from before the 2006 WC for example, that became reality 8 years later in Brazil...
                  http://iransportspress.com/pump-up-the-volume/

Or this one that put the issue of dual-citizenship to rest 7 years before CQ invited Iranian dual-citizens to TM in large numbers:
                  http://iransportspress.com/buon-giorno-rahman/

And this one that I wrote despite not liking Branko and knowing that he was going to fail us at the world cup. You may as well substitute CQ for Branko, 'cause I like CQ a lot more than I ever liked Branko:
                  http://iransportspress.com/a-keravat-that-fits/

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                    I say this again

If we can hold on to the 5 planned friendlies that we have set up so far meaning :S.Korea,S.Africa,Kenya(or another african nation),Palestine and Iraq

It will be a good enough preparation for AC and as the tournment goes on we will get better and better

I really believe that
                    A friendly against North Korea (or Uzbekistan) + an other against a random arab country (Jordan, Oman, kowait) would have been ideal

Comment

Sv: TM-News-

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      A friendly against North Korea (or Uzbekistan) + an other against a random arab country (Jordan, Oman, kowait) would have been ideal
                      Yes, but never gonna happen. Reality is, we will only have one game, which is against SK. Everything else IFF and their puppets say are pure BS lies.

Comment

This is Maij's website. Glad t see that he is still active and has his website updated. Miss him, I wish he would come back and start posting once again!

Comment

Originally posted by Keano View Post
                          This is Maij's website. Glad t see that he is still active and has his website updated. Miss him, I wish he would come back and start posting once again!
                          I like and respect Maij a lot, however, I really felt his site was anti-CQ! Of course, after the WC, and everything building up to AC...I now feel Maij and his support staff were dead right about CQ.

I mean I just read on the front page of PFDC that Mr. CQ believes AC will be a tougher task than the one we had in WC? Who is he fooling? Any one of the WC participants could easily win the entire AC...no doubt about it. I mean just our group opponents would be 100% guaranteed Asian Champs if they brought their WC squads to our Asian competition. I hope CQ is trying to play the opposition and fool the other teams, but it's really not inspiring or confidence enhancing to hear our world class $2.5 million coach state that he feels AC will be tougher than WC
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Re: TM-News-

I don't see how anyone could agree with this article. So if CQ made a promise to win the AC all would be well?

I don't get why we should expect a manager to promise something. Didn't Korea's manager promise to beat us and put UZB through? What did that do? It made our team want to win even more. So why should CQ make a promise and ignite some spark in our opponents?
                            راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Abtin

The frinedlies vs. S.Korea,Palestine and Iraq are for sure and have been aknowledged by those other countries as well
                              Only the S.Africa camp opponents are not yet known yet

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                                I like and respect Maij a lot, however, I really felt his site was anti-CQ! Of course, after the WC, and everything building up to AC...I now feel Maij and his support staff were dead right about CQ.

I mean I just read on the front page of PFDC that Mr. CQ believes AC will be a tougher task than the one we had in WC? Who is he fooling? Any one of the WC participants could easily win the entire AC...no doubt about it. I mean just our group opponents would be 100% guaranteed Asian Champs if they brought their WC squads to our Asian competition. I hope CQ is trying to play the opposition and fool the other teams, but it's really not inspiring or confidence enhancing to hear our world class $2.5 million coach state that he feels AC will be tougher than WC
                                What is he supposed to say? "Yes we are going to easily win the asian cup" "we will be up 2-1 in the final vs Japan and after 4 minutes of stoppage time and grass rolling we will win it in style"
                                Obviously he is going to say something like its going to be tough all professional coaches would. If he says something like the korea coach he will just get the opponents fired up and something similar to what we did to korea could happen

Comment

Working...
                                X