Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They're here to beat us and claim their spot in the ranking.

Today's match is gonna be one hell of a showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
      Interesting to read that the players have not seen any games of iran, just heard that they are strong. Wonder if that is normal? or they are underestimating iran. Also interesting that in the video there was a lot of basic skills drills.
      Its probably mind games.

Comment

I just listened to the CQ interview from yesterday's navad and I must say every time he speaks after a game and a suspicious performance, he sounds more like a snake oil salesman than a sporting coach. He is very slippery in his answering questions and knows what to say to dodge or distract. And the times he can't dodge, he straightaway blames others!

Often he's contradictory also. Like when he wants a quality league that can feed his team, but sees absolutely no problem with suspending the said league for an entire MONTH so we meet Asia's third and fourth tier teams!!!
        I don't think he's that confused mentally. So maybe he's just trying to distract and dodge the blame for sub par performances.

Or that he blames Oman's weather (37 degree C is nothing abnormal in Tehran and we're quite familiar with this) for the bad performance.

Then he wants to overstretch some plus points. Ok we had a good game against Argentina. But that was so long ago and we still lost. Till when are we going to excuse lousy games and poor performances against pies poor teams in Asia, using that particular game?

And if he thinks we played ''well'' against Iraq, then he ought to have a reality check. Yes, Pouladi screwed up. But we had so many mistakes in our game that are unforgivable. And since when are we supposed to excuse crappy performances against teams we normally should steamroll by quoting other games we lost?

Na agha. We don't buy your snake oil. We'd rather see you earn your keep through improvement and progress in quality of football

I just wish he'd concentrate on his job and focus on improving our quality more seriously

Comment

^ well, last time I checked, we qualified for the Worldcup and today we are still in first place with home games coming up. If that's the work of an snake oil salesman, then we need to have one hired for every team in the IPL and U-17, U-19 and U-23 teams.

also, just to have the correct facts, the humidity in Oman was 56%. The humidity in Tehran today is 18%. Big difference, and as someone who comes from the southern region of Iran, you should know that
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            he match is scheduled to kick off at 5 p.m. (10:30 p.m. Japan time) on Tuesday 13 at Azadi Stadium.

SAMURAI BLUE tune up for Iran clash

The practice session of the day was open to public, as the local Japanese association visited the site with their family and watched players' moves from the grandstands with keen interest.

Players' Comments

FW USAMI Takashi (Gamba Osaka)
            As well as letting my teammates make use of me in combination, I need to work with them well and make use of them. As creating more of such situations, I need to show my own distinctive plays like individual dribbling, and I felt in the Syria match it's important to use such options at the right time.

(Speaking of the penalty Okazaki gained) You've got to not only keep it in mind to get a foul but also increase the number of plays to get into the penalty box. Intelligence is also important. I'm working hard to get a starting spot for the Iran match, and I think everyone needs to have such mindset.
            DF SHIOTANI Tsukasa (Sanfrecce Hiroshima)
            We have been practising since we got in Oman, and there is no problem with the condition. I haven't seen video footage of Iranian matches, but I heard they are really strong. I want to play against them on the pitch. I'm always mentally ready to play at the right back position.

I don't know who I play with, but I'm trying to play well with any player. I think my teammates understand my strength. I still need to claim what I want and I want to listen to my teammates' opinions as well. When attacking, I hopefully leave something on it such as shooting.
            FW HONDA Keisuke (AC Milan/Italy)
            In the Iran match, I'm not sure how much we can improve what we got as homework last time. But even in this short period of preparation time, I believe we can prepare some parts in terms of playing with teammates being closer. For example improving accuracy in detail and setting up a right distance.

Considering we had some gap in our game plan because Syria unexpectedly came forward in the first half, we will get ready for either way the opponents put pressure on us or they do not. And we never repeat that error. We've got a picture in our head putting pressure right after giving the ball away, but how well we can actually embody that on the pitch is the key.

<font color="#333333">
            Your reckless disregard for the most basic grammatical rules is concerning and frightening. Its " The match...." and not " He match".....

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
              Your reckless disregard for the most basic grammatical rules is concerning and frightening. Its " The match...." and not " He match".....
              And YOUR reckless disregard for wastage of space and time is even more worrying. More worrying than your apparent disregard for the fact of a very common occurance of ''mistyping'' that happens to everyone.

@ Offside.
              Well, instead of focusing on the ''ranking'' which is of little use, I base my observations on the QUALITY OF PERFORMANCES.

And yes, I know about humidity. But I refer to CQ's own statement that was based on the ''37 degree'' conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran007 View Post
                haha seriously? you suck

Comment

Hey Doc, how oily is this salesman?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post

@ Offside.
                    Well, instead of focusing on the ''ranking'' which is of little use, I base my observations on the QUALITY OF PERFORMANCES.

And yes, I know about humidity. But I refer to CQ's own statement that was based on the ''37 degree'' conditions.
                    No one is talking about "ranking".

It's a team that qualified for the Worldcup as the first team in its group. It's a team that is currently in first place. Those are the facts. You have good games and you have bad ones, but No team finishes first if they always have bad performances on the field. It just doesn't work that way.

You were all over CQ for not inviting young players. Well, you got your wish. We have a 18 year old taking over Nekounam/Ando's role. We have young players like Amiri, Taremi and Torabi. We even have your favorite player of all time, Ebrahimi in the lineup :-) Ofcourse when you introduce young and unproven players, you will have some ugly games like the one we had in Oman.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I had a dream that Mehdi Torabi played his best game for Iran so far. Someone please wake me up to Honda scoring his hattrick and Japan man handling Team Melli because I don't feel right about this. Iran was playing well in front of Japan. Vahid Amiri was all over the place. Haghighi made a mistake but the whole team was on point. This isn't real..

Is this real life?

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli1 View Post
                        I had a dream that Mehdi Torabi played his best game for Iran so far. Someone please wake me up to Honda scoring his hattrick and Japan man handling Team Melli because I don't feel right about this. Iran was playing well in front of Japan. Vahid Amiri was all over the place. Haghighi made a mistake but the whole team was on point. This isn't real..

Is this real life?
                        You and a lot of people here overestimate Japan just becuase of their European players. They aren't that good and it would be great to face them in the next round.

Comment

1 Oman 5 11 3 2 0 9 3 6
                          2 Iran 4 8 2 2 0 11 2 9
                          3 Turkmenistan 5 7 2 1 2 5 6 -1
                          4 Guam 5 7 2 1 2 3 8 -5
                          5 India 5 0 0 0 5 3 12 -9

Comment

پیروزی از دست مان فرار کرد
                            کی روش: فوتبال ژاپن 24 سال از فوتبال ایران جلو است/هیچ بازیکن اروپایی نداشتم
                            سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران گفت: امروز ژاپن نفراتی زیادی داشت که در اروپا بازی می کنند، اما من هیچ بازیکنی نداشتم که در اروپا بازی کند.

More

Comment

سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال ایران گفت: امروز ژاپن نفراتی زیادی داشت که در اروپا بازی می کنند، اما من هیچ بازیکنی نداشتم که در اروپا بازی کند.

More
                              where do azmoun,haghighi, and hajsafi play?

Comment

More
                                The same swan song as always. I'm getting tired of CQ's negativity.

Comment

Working...
                                X