This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
    cute. if you deny the fact that we have plenty of raw talent in our league then you don't know much about Iranian football.
    I definitely agree with you. If IPL could spend the money for infrastructure and facilities, We would have one of the best leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
      The wall of text you put up is a bit too much for me to go through and pin point its flaws but a few notes that stood out:

In every modern civilized country, people have the right to know how much a public servant gets paid. I pay taxes, I want to know how my tax dollars are being spent. In the US, things such as professor's salary, police officer and firefighters salaries are public knowledge. I don't see any problem with people in Iran asking how much CQ is getting paid, it is their money being spent on a NATIONAL TEAM coach. Yes it is poolehshoon.

Furthermore, you mention for the first time in history are players are trying to make it to Europe? We've had Iranian players playing in European leagues before.

We don't lack talent, we aren't utilizing what we have at are disposal correctly. You make it sound like CQ is god's gift to Earth. He is grumpy, stubborn and negative. That's what I get from him every single time he speaks to someone from the media. Is he a good coach? I don't know, I have never worked with him. He seems to be doing a decent job.
      My friend. Of COURSE we lack talent right now. Don't buy into all the BS about European clubs being biased against Iranian players because of the political climate blah blah. Club teams are wolves, they'll take ANY player that can help them. European club teams have the most sophisticated and thorough scouting of any sport in the world, and they're fully aware of Iran and Iranian players. If politics or "bias" were an issue, then how the hell did Ali Karimi and Hashemian go to Bayern while Ahmadinejad was president and embarrassing Iranians on tv 24/7?

The Bundesliga, EPL, La Liga, and Italy all are fully aware of Iranian players and the Iranian talent pool. There have been at least 7 Iranian players in the Bundesliga, and at least 2 in the other leagues just in the last 10 years. Therefore to me, the true mark of a national team's talent is how many players they have playing in top European clubs because these clubs are the world's preeminent experts on talent recognition. If Iran had true talent, we would have players in these leagues just like we did in 2006, when we had 8 legionnaires.

Instead, look at our current condition:

1- it is now easier than EVER for Iranian players to get recognized and go abroad (due to A - advances in scouting driven by the internet and B - the recognition of Iranian players compared to the past thanks to trailblazers like Daei, Hashemian, Mahdavikia and thanks to CQ)

2 - we have a coach in place who highly encourages players to leave Iran (evidence: for the first time in history we have players who would have never left Iran going to ANY european club that will take them - Greece, Juliper League, Russia, 2nd division England, etc when they can ALL make more $ staying in Iran)

3 - and yet we have NO PLAYERS in the top 4 leagues and our 3 best prospects - Jahanbakhsh, Azmoun, and Ezatollahi - aren't even regular starters or contributors for their clubs. Our best prospect, Jahanbakhsh, hasn't even proven that he can start at Alkmaar.

And please, do NOT buy into this BS about the IPL being "full of talents". Says WHO? Who is a better assessor of Iranian talent? people on the PFDC boards or European scouts and agents, who do this for a living? Put another way, if there's so much talent, why can't ANY Iranian club go far in AFC club competition?

Under the CQ regime, every IPL player knows that they have to go to Europe if possible to have a chance at becoming a regular feature of a CQ team. Everyone wants to go to Europe. But very few do because no European teams will take them!

Look at Ansarifard...the best striker in IPL is a bench warmer in the GREEK LEAGUE who's scored 1 goal in like 20 matches. And this was one of the IPL's best exports! Look at Hajsafi, who was probably the best player in IPL the last few years....he's just barely cracking the starting lineup in a mid-table Bundesliga team. Pouraliganji, a starter on Iran's national team, plays in CHINA. Very simply put, we have VERY bad talent right now. It happens to every national team outside the top 20....it's an ebb and flow.

Now I'm not trying to bash on IPL players. obviously all our european legends started in the IPL. but what's clear is that this is the easiest its EVER been to go to europe, and european teams, the only people who REALLY know the talent of our IPL players, don't deem them worthy of selection. We have a bright future with Ezatollahi, Jahanbakhsh, and Azmoun playing in Europe (thanks to CQ in part, btw, who personally assisted each of these players in their transition to Europe) but the truth is that if you look at history, we are currently in the middle of a drought.

Also - as to your point about CQ's salary. First, do you even live in Iran, to care about how $3M a year gets spent? Even if CQ isn't worth $3M due to lack of technical ability as a coach, isn't it worth $3M a year to have a charismatic, respected figure in charge who brings international recognition and legitimacy to our TM program? isn't Ashkan Dejagah, our current best player, who without CQ wouldn't have come to TM, worth the $3M a year? Given what this criminal regime spends, steals and wastes on god knows what, shouldn't we be glad $3M a year goes to our football program, to a man who has brought real prestige to our program?

CQ isn't God's gift to earth, but I challenge anyone to dispute the fact that he's the best coach we've ever had and that he's overachieving given our lack of talent and the difficulties of working in Iran with the sanctions etc.

Now, we have a bunch of haters reacting to CQ's "bad akhlaghi" with the Iranian press. Who cares if CQ is a jerk to the snake Iranian press? He's tired. Also, people keep getting insulted and complaining that CQ is "making excuses" when CQ keeps pointing out how far behind iranian football is, that we're missing players due to military issues, etc etc....umm...how clueless are you? A coach who is afraid for his job makes excuses. A coach who feels he needs to protect his job makes excuses. CQ is not in fear of his job or his reputation. He's the most popular coach Iran has ever had and trust me, if the akhoonds could get rid of him, they would.

What these haters don't realize is the real reason CQ constantly uses (1) populism and (2) points out Iran's shortcomings: because he knows it's the best way to get things done in Iran! Look at what his constant complaining has gotten us: better training pitches, an expanded budget for training staff, and friendlies with Guinea, Sweden, Chile, and Japan. I dare anyone here to point out a better set of friendlies in TM history in a 12 month span. These friendlies are a direct result of CQ's constant complaining.

Please, please, please take a broad perspective, stand back and recognize that one day we will miss this man so much and regret our criticism. We need to support him 110% during this sensitive transition so that he can forge our new squad and take us into the WC2018 qualifiers with a confident, battle-tested batch of youngsters.

We Iranians are truly insane sometimes!

Comment

CQ is not perfect and has made mistakes in some areas but all together he is the best coach TM has ever had and we must be more appreciative as we are right now

Comment

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
          I've got some interesting news regarding the 2018 WCQ play-offs.

AFC 5th place will be facing CONCACAF 4th place

CONMEBOL 5th place will be facing OFC 1st place

Now let's see who are most likely going to be in these spots:

OFC .......... New Zealand

CONMEBOL .......... Uruguay or Ecuador

CONCACAF ........... Honduras

Of course we are expected to qualify directly, but if shit gets real, and we have to do play-offs, it will be against one of these: Honduras, United States, Mexico, Costa Rica, Trinidad and Tobago or Canada.

No WC for New Zealand again.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
            Every time I think of Haghighi, I'm reminded of the story where during a Persepolis lunch session, he started making a scene because the player in front of him took the last of the salad olivieh. Karimi then went over to Haghighi and slapped him for being an idiot over the issue. LOL

He seems to have matured though, people keep saying 'arrogance', 'attitude' etc, imo he seems like a very down to earth and chill person, compared to before, when he played in Perspolis.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss View Post
              Latest picture of imam reza stadium in Mashhad. I hope we play some of our future games here

I hope we play ALL of our future games there.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                I hope we play ALL of our future games there.
                What a crappy name: IMAM REZA??!! should be named Kourosh or Dariush Stadium, but wait..... Its Zombori Eslami!!! DOH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                  I can now say that I have heard it all..

this really made my day.
                  thanks for the laughter.
                  I take backward IPL any time of the day over MLS.(Quality not management)

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                    In every modern civilized country, people have the right to know how much a public servant gets paid. I pay taxes, I want to know how my tax dollars are being spent. In the US, things such as professor's salary, police officer and firefighters salaries are public knowledge. I don't see any problem with people in Iran asking how much CQ is getting paid, it is their money being spent on a NATIONAL TEAM coach. Yes it is poolehshoon.
                    They have a right to know how much CQ is getting paid but do you think if they would have chosen Gol Mohammadi or Mansourian and paid him $100K a year, they were going to send the difference of what CQ is getting now to people across Iran? You think they would have received a check in their mail? I don't think so...!!! People in Iran think they have a control over "Beit ol Mal" but they don't. It's being distributed between themselves and 99% of them are not part of it.

You think in US if Hilary Clinton becomes a president and raise the taxes to 60% and start making the rich people pay more, you're going to get a check in your mail? Of course not.

Comment

Originally posted by AminGP View Post
                      They have a right to know how much CQ is getting paid but do you think if they would have chosen Gol Mohammadi or Mansourian and paid him $100K a year, they were going to send the difference of what CQ is getting now to people across Iran? You think they would have received a check in their mail? I don't think so...!!! People in Iran think they have a control over "Beit ol Mal" but they don't. It's being distributed between themselves and 99% of them are not part of it.

You think in US if Hilary Clinton becomes a president and raise the taxes to 60% and start making the rich people pay more, you're going to get a check in your mail? Of course not.
                      No you are correct, just because they save money or make more money doesn't mean the excess will get distributed among the public. Only point I wanted to make is that it is not unreasonable to ask how much CQ makes. BTW, as I mentioned in another thread, I don't care how much he gets paid, but I don't see anything wrong with someone asking what CQ's salary is for coaching TM.

Comment

More pictures of Imam Reza stadium in Mashhad. Hopefully one of the future homes of Team Melli

Comment

^ That should be Team Melli's new home venue, it meets international standards much more than Azadi.

Plus it would always be filled even during friendlies because of the smaller stadium capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            ^ That should be Team Melli's new home venue, it meets international standards much more than Azadi.

Plus it would always be filled even during friendlies because of the smaller stadium capacity.
                            And because Mashhadis don't have this Sorkhabi attitude

Comment

I like the stadium but not the name.

Of course, if the money comes out of these thief boozineh's pockets, they have to use a prophet's name.

What I don't get is why all the modern stadiums are in cities with 0 teams in Lige Bartar. For example Hamedan has a stadium in Lige 1.

Some random cities have this nice stadiums, but it's just for display?
                              I'm guessing Abumoslem or Payam will get this stadium?

Comment

To add to what I was saying.

Maybe they build these stadiums for themselves? So the bache akhoonds could get drunk and kick around?

Comment

Working...
                                X