No announcement yet.

Nekounam to Retire from International Football after Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very wise decision by our Beloved Captain. He now has my greatest respect.

Unlike Daie who refused to step down after AC 04, he is thinking of TM and not himself. This move will give some youngster ample time to develop for WC 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
      Hopefully he will stick to his word and retires gracefully unlike some of his predecessors among TM captains.
      If hes performing well in Europe, hopefully he doesnt
      You just got Caged
      K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

He should've retired before the WC... he's old slow and nowhere near as sharp as he used to be... time to let fresh legs take over...
        sigpic

Comment

Great player who gave his heart and soul for Iran. Thank god he didn't wait till he was 38 like Daei. 3 official friendlies and Iran in the Semis will confirm him as the most capped player which is probably a milestone he wanted to reach before retirement. Good time to quit, especially since he will be training and playing in Spain prior to the AC.
          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
          We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
            And after that, I truly hope he stays in Spain, and continue coaching there. Never quite understood why Mahdavikia left Germany..
            Mahdavikia had to come back to Iran after his brother passed away. His father needed him to be in Iran. He said in an interview that he always wanted to finish football in Europe.

Comment

The only active football star player and big name left in Iranian football. They (once again) have tried hard to start a campaign against TM captain prior the World Cup, but Nekounam not only survived - he became stronger. Helping TM to qualify & becoming top scorer, leading TM through the WC whilst exceeding most expectations, exposing the truth about IPL and moving back to Europe to enjoy good last years.

LIKE A BOSS.

He deserved the best Asian player award, but you know AFC...
              Captain, we are waiting for you to lift the AC trophy next year instead. Soon to become Iran's most capped player.

Last edited by Nariman; 08-06-2014, 12:54 PM.
              Formerly known as Persianking!
              Follow me @
              instagram/iranscout
              instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

I loved his gheyrat and the fact that he was not too afraid to take on controversial but necessary topics. He was a national treasure both on and off the pitch. I sincerely hope he gets the parting gift he truly deserves by getting to lift the Asian Cup trophy. Thank you for your service and enjoy the rest of your life in peace and with a lot of happiness.

Comment

OSA winning 3-1 against Atlectivo Bilbao
                  Anyone know if Neku played? Perhaps a bit early?

Damn it's good to follow OSA again, although playing in the second division, I doubt we see too many live streaming?
                  sigpic
                  Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Re: Nekounam to Retire from International Football after Asian Cup

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                    OSA winning 3-1 against Atlectivo Bilbao
                    Anyone know if Neku played? Perhaps a bit early?

Damn it's good to follow OSA again, although playing in the second division, I doubt we see too many live streaming?
                    All Segunda Division games are televised.

Comment

Working...
                    X