Nekounam to Retire from International Football after Asian Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nekounam to Retire from International Football after Asian Cup

Just saw this on Navad newspaper, thanks to him for all the service he has given us and good luck to him in his future which i hope involves coaching.

Hopefully he will stick to his word and retires gracefully unlike some of his predecessors among TM captains.

Comment

And after that, I truly hope he stays in Spain, and continue coaching there. Never quite understood why Mahdavikia left Germany..

Comment

good timing, id say that is very fair of him and is probably in the best interest of himself and TM. it'll be interesting to see who our next captain will be, id assume ando or hajsafi
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no one I can see replacing Nekounam, doing even half as good as he could. Maybe Ezzatollahi in a few years.. But I guess it is time..

Comment

Not only was Neko a true captain and a leader bit his good looks his debonair attitude made him a poster boy. Big shoes to fill.

Comment

about time. Ando should be our next captain.
              sigpic

Comment

A respectful Time to retire for our captain hope he has a great Asia cup too
                --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

What's not to like about this guy?

He played his heart out for both club and country for the past fourteen years. 2 World Cups, 3 Asian Cups (not including 2015), 6 years in Europe + 2 more to come.

He has performed marvellously everywhere he's gone, be it Pas, Osasuna, Esteghlal, Al-Kuwait, and most importantly Team Melli. He never overstayed his welcome and has been a true leader and charismatic figure in our football. Even if a new DM comes along one day that's exponentially better than him, Nekounam will always remain a truly special player in Iranian football.

I myself wished this day wouldn't come. As many are big fans of Karimi and cite him as their favourite player, Nekounam has been my favourite player for the better part of the last 10 years. However, I'm happy that he has chose the 2015 AFC Asian Cup to say goodbye and didn't prolong it to the point that people would swear him out of Team Melli. I genuinely hope that Nekounam raises the Asian Cup for Iran in a few months time. He, along with a plethora of other fantastic players this generation such Teymourian and Hosseini deserve to go out with a major trophy to their names.

Thank you captain. I have no doubt that your contributions to Iranian football won't end here.

Comment

^ let me just copy that once more.. great post bro so true..
                    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

He only needs 7 more caps to break Daei's record.

Therefore he needs to play in the 2 friendlies schedules and hoped Iran play in at least the semifinals of Asian Cup. That will give him 150.

Of course there might be more friendlies.

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                        What's not to like about this guy?
                        He played his heart out for both club and country for the past fourteen years. 2 World Cups, 3 Asian Cups (not including 2015), 6 years in Europe + 2 more to come.
                        He has performed marvellously everywhere he's gone, be it Pas, Osasuna, Esteghlal, Al-Kuwait, and most importantly Team Melli. He never overstayed his welcome and has been a true leader and charismatic figure in our football. Even if a new DM comes along one day that's exponentially better than him, Nekounam will always remain a truly special player in Iranian football.
                        I myself wished this day wouldn't come. As many are big fans of Karimi and cite him as their favourite player, Nekounam has been my favourite player for the better part of the last 10 years. However, I'm happy that he has chose the 2015 AFC Asian Cup to say goodbye and didn't prolong it to the point that people would swear him out of Team Melli. I genuinely hope that Nekounam raises the Asian Cup for Iran in a few months time. He, along with a plethora of other fantastic players this generation such Teymourian and Hosseini deserve to go out with a major trophy to their names.
                        Thank you captain. I have no doubt that your contributions to Iranian football won't end here.

Do I have your permission to post this on my Instagram, I'd love to seethe haters reactions
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post

Do I have your permission to post this on my Instagram, I'd love to seethe haters reactions
                          Go ahead.

What's your instagram? Is the Iranian football one?

Comment

Originally posted by K. Nader View Post
                            Go ahead.

What's your instagram? Is the Iranian football one?
                            Thanks brother, I'm just going to paraphrase you if you don't mind!

And yes it's @teammeliiran on Instagram, do u have an account? That way I can tag you
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                              Thanks brother, I'm just going to paraphrase you if you don't mind!

And yes it's @teammeliiran on Instagram, do u have an account? That way I can tag you
                              Sure. You can even copy it if you like. I have an account but I barely use it. Don't worry about tagging me - I'm glad you liked the post.

Comment

Working...
                              X