Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFSHIN GHOTBI OPTIONS TO COACH TEAM MELLI (AFTER THE ASIAN CUP)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given CQ approval, The idea of assistant to Him is not ridiculous as with QH understanding of modern as well as Iranian football and TM makes him a decent candidate But I highly doubt it will happen.
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

I think IFF is doing a great job for once, if I remember correctly they requested that 2 Iranian coaches should follow CQ and learn from him.

Comment

Did Ghotbi come back to Iran after failing to qualify us?
        راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

I don't want him back in TM but he is afraid to come to Iran anymore anyways. He has tax problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
            I think IFF is doing a great job for once, if I remember correctly they requested that 2 Iranian coaches should follow CQ and learn from him.
            correcto mundo.

Beside all the (legit) IFF bashing, they did great by hiring CQ and requesting 2 vatanis to learn from him.
            First glimpse of something long term planning.
            IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Gentlemen and ladies,
              Please do not put CQ and Ghotbi on the same page.
              CQ is a heavy weight and ghotbi is magas vazn.
              I wish I could visit the coaching session of Daei Ghaotbi and anyone else then I could really tell you how good or bad they are, but Ghotbi's record with Japanese team looks bad. Even I could have done better.
              The way Ghotbi played against S Korea in Asian games is all you need to watch to see your answer in this thread. "Mesle kafe dastahaam korea raa mishenaasam... "

Comment

oh no. not this shit again.

Comment

Originally posted by Leopard View Post
                  The way Ghotbi played against S Korea in Asian games is all you need to watch to see your answer in this thread. "Mesle kafe dastahaam korea raa mishenaasam... "
                  actually ghotbi didn't play against South Korea. the Players did.

and if you are talking about tactics, TM played almost exactly the same tactic against South Korea in both games (with ghotbi and with CQ). defend and counter.

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                    Now that's a bad comment right there. Ghotbi has a good resume as an assistant coach as well as a head coach, but I believe he will sign for TM as CQ's assistant in the coming days. CQ is always fond of having an outsider sitting in his technical staff, hence we had Namazi (US Citizen) and Aghajanyan (Armenian-Iranian) on the bench. Ghotbi's experience can help create a better atmosphere in Iran, considering his roles as head coach both for PP and TM, his position as South Korea's assistant position cannot go unnoticed as he led them to the semi-finals of the World Cup in 2002. Of course, he isn't better than CQ, but as an assistant he could fit perfectly in CQ's staff. Besides he did win the WAFF tournament, which is something that Namazi and Simoes could not accomplish, even by sending our 'B' team there.
                    You misunderstood me and assumed wrongly why I made that comment:

- ghotbi said various times that he doesn't want to come back to Iran to work
                    - chances a former TM head coach to come back to his successor and assist him is yet another highly unlikely scenario

I personally wouldn't mind seeing him as TM assistant at all, but the reality is that the chances of this being possible is very very slim for the reasons I listed above.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

he is an at-best an average tactician, certainly not a qualified international level head coach..!!

Personality wise, an extremely Self Centered, zaboon charm.!(even Daie aint got shit on him in that regards)
                      he is a major brown-nosing Yes-man and a complete tool..!! he will never stand up against his bosses at IFF but lick their asses on all issues and first and foremost, will always be looking for the welfare of numero Uno, HIMSELF..!!(well most everyone is, but this guy really takes the cake)

he can easily rival CQ in his Diplomatic skills and to top it off he is Master Public Relation Magician...! he could sell ice cubes to eskimos..!!has quiet a few publications and online football football sources on his pay-roll and uses them skill-fully to further his own career..!!

i'd much prefer CQ as head coach and doubt the assistant coaching arrangement would work out between the two..!!?

Comment

i think ghotbi is the cheaper iranian version of cq and would be a great idea to hire him as cq assistant so he can learn from him however i believe many iranians in iran and in iranian federation and government do notlike ghotbi and they did their best to make sure he does not come back to iran.

Comment

Dude ghotbi was terrible for us.
                          CQ at least can implement discipline in the team, ghotbi is a thug. Don't forget the shit he did to tm in the locker room when he was at the helm.

Comment

how's this thread still open?

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
                              IF Iran win the next Asian Cup, of course i hope Carlos Queiroz continues in the team. But if not Win. I think Ghotbi is a good option.

AFSIN GHOTBI LAST JOB IN SHIMIZU S-PULSE(JAPAN)(2011-2014)

WIN
                              68 Games

Draw
                              30 Games

Lost
                              59 Games

I think other Option is Ghotbi return to Persepolis.

Is this opinion or factual news?!!....

Comment

Ghotbi had his chance to take TM to the WC-2010 but he failed to materialize.

Comment

Working...
                                X