S. Korea to travel to Iran for football friendly in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SEOUL, July 30 (Yonhap) -- South Korea will travel to Iran for a football friendly in November, an official with the sport's national governing body said Wednesday.

"We will have a friendly match against Iran in Tehran on Nov. 18," an official with the Korea Football Association (KFA) said, confirming an earlier Iranian media report saying the two countries would meet in November.

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...ww.tweeter.com
    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

How pathetic, they tried since September 2013 to get a rematch so they could get their revenge, they will even go through the trouble to fly all the way from the other side of the continent for a friendly match so they can ''get even''.

Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Darloc View Post
      How pathetic, they tried since September 2013 to get a rematch so they could get their revenge, they will even go through the trouble to fly all the way from the other side of the continent for a friendly match.

Pathetic.
      Why? Be happy we at least play South Korea instead of the usual Palestine, Jordan, Madagascar etc.

Looking forward to this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
        Why? Be happy we at least play South Korea instead of the usual Palestine, Jordan, Madagascar etc.

Looking forward to this game.
        Mate, we wont get anything out of this friendly except for Koreans trying to hurt/injure our players. Korea is the new Saudi, they are our most serious rival currently.

Comment

Originally posted by Darloc View Post
          Mate, we wont get anything out of this friendly except for Koreans trying to hurt/injure our players. Korea is the new Saudi, they are our most serious rival currently.
          I know there was a lot of trash talk on both sides but our federations are still good friends it seems. Most Korean fans dislike Choi for what he did, so lets move on and hope for a clean game.

Comment

It is good we play against South Korea. I hope we can play against much bigger teams in Europe, now that we show the world that we can play football.
            I was surprised why we always face the Arab-teams: Qatar, Bahrain, UAE (Asian Cup 2015) we will be top of the table of that group with 9 points and more than 10+ and 0 goals against.
            I am very confident that we can do this, because we where the best Asian team at the World Cup 2014!

Comment

It will good for TM to play a friendly against Saudi Arabia to get ready for the rest of thier Marmoolak khor brothers
              and to crush them 4-0
              Saudi Arabia's football team is in its weakest period of the past 25 years

Comment

Sv: S. Korea to travel to Iran for football friendly in November

Comment

TM should wear a jersey with Choi's photo on it to thank him for helping us during the WCQ.
                  Formerly known as Persianking!
                  Follow me @
                  instagram/iranscout
                  instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

although its better than al-soorakh teams....but its yet again another opponent we know very well and we dont gain anything from it really. UNLESS we use nothing but new players to test them. no sense in calling our first team for this.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                      although its better than al-soorakh teams....but its yet again another opponent we know very well and we dont gain anything from it really. UNLESS we use nothing but new players to test them. no sense in calling our first team for this.
                      I was about to agree when figured out: which first team?
                      We don't have any first team right now.
                      I'd love to see Jahanbakhsh starting with Azmoun and no shojaei for gods sake.
                      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

world cup is over, at this point playing south korea is awesome. We'll face them in the quarter finals again so good practice

Comment

Originally posted by soniq View Post
                          world cup is over, at this point playing south korea is awesome. We'll face them in the quarter finals again so good practice

Not this time, thank goodness. It will be Iraq or Jordan.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                            I don't see how we won't get anything from this friendly. South Korea is a very likely opponent in the elimination rounds of the Asian Cup and considering that they've knocked us out in 3 of the last 5 Asian Cups, they're an excellent team to play against. As far as Asian opposition is concerned, any opportunity to play against South Korea, Japan, or Australia should be accepted. The only time I was against such a friendly was immediately after the 2014 WCQ fiasco when South Korea wanted to play a friendly against us in Seoul.

Comment

Working...
                            X