An Interview with Haghighi TM goalie [Video]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Interview with Haghighi TM goalie [Video]

Nice video, he is very well spoken and funny. He is a good player to be representing us in Europe, and his WC performance and how he stepped up was something very enjoyable to watch. Hope he keeps growing, I always liked him and like many knew he had potential, hope with his professional attitude he keeps growing
    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I like this guy too- He doesnt seem to have the unpleasent attitude you see with players these days. If he doesnt lose his focus, hell be our GK for a while...hopefuuly a long time.
      When there is a will, there is a way

Comment

LOL rumored to do modeling in Europe
        IRI = FAILED

Comment

I think that we definetively found our first keeper for coming years.
          He is not a world-class keeper, he does not make outstanding saves, but he is able to do something our previous keepers (from Mirzakoor to Rahmati and even Davari as much as i like him) could not. He can transmit assurance to the whole defence, especially because he comes out from his goal, and always with security and decision. Watch Nigeria and Argentina games. All high and long balls were his. I think that with Rahmati in the net Argentina would score at least 4 goals against us because he would'nt come out from his goal. A keeper who can be the boss of his penalty area can affect opponents confidence much more than you think, and when it happens it's a great opportunity to start counter attacks and scoring goals, which is perfect for our playing-style.
          Proud that he will represent us in first portoguese division.

Comment

The one thing that struck me most, in a positive way, was when he said all those people insulting Messi and the referee were not Iranians, not in the ethnic meaning of the word, but in terms of values and uprightness. I really appreciated that. Somehow, he does not seem to be the product of IR.

Comment

hopefully his head doesnt get big with praises and all the girls throwing themselves at him. sometimes that ruins the best players. i really hope he can develop too and stay as our keeper. when the WC was beginning i was really hoping he started instead of davari and ahmadi. and it all turned out for the better.

Comment

How does Haghighi compare, qualitywise, to Iran's goalkeepers in this edition of the tournament?
                sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

I think Haghighi during this time was at his prime (it was a short period unfortunately, but gotta give credit where it is due, he stood there against Messi with I think less than 10 caps). During this time he was better than Abedzadeh & Niazmand, but still not better than an in-form Beiranvand.
                  --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                  --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                  ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                  --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                  ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X