Top 10 players to watch out for in 2014-15 PGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 10 players to watch out for in 2014-15 PGL

As many of you know, i have made a thread for who i believe will be the top 10 players to watch out for in the upcoming PGL season for the last few years, and with the league getting ready to get under way, its time to take a look at what we have got lined up for us this season and which players can shine.....potentially leading to either a TM call up or a bigger role in TM.

#10 - Alireza Beiranvand

Club: Naft Tehran
    Height: 1.98m
    Position: Goalkeeper

- A TOTAL beast in goal. He is undoubetdly the most promising GK we have in Iran who showed his potential last season when he unseated makani as the #1 GK @ Naft and earned himself his deserved starting spot. He is a Huge guy with a very long wingspan and with his reflexes, he can easily make a push to be a consistent member of TM, and who knows, perhaps even a shot at the #1 position (i liked haghighi's performance in brazil but it wasn't anything to gaurantee himself a spot for the suture, beiranvand could make a great case going forward).

#9 - Ehsan Pahlevan

Club: Zob Ahan
    Height: 1.69m
    Position: Midfielder

- Pahlevan grabbed the attention of me last season after impressing in some league games with Zob Ahan. Supposedly (i dont remember) he was loaned to sepahan for a short while last season, but for the majorioty of the season, he was in Zob Ahan. He is a quick player in the center of the park and is actually a lot like a mini haddadifar/khalatbari, only with much more potential IMO. Very quick feet, GREAT dribbler, fairly creative, decent shot on him, and a nice IQ for the game, which is what caught my attention from this player last season. He played for TM u-17 and u-20 and if he can manage to take the next step in his career, he will definitely be a viable candidate for TM heading into the AC.

#8 - Kaveh Rezaie

Club: Saipa
    Height:1.85m
    Position: Forward

- Most of us know a good amount about this player and those of us who have followed him closely over the years know that this guy's potential is as high as any other footballer in Iran. For him, its just been actually about proving his worth and actually performing consistently instead of having a few games with a brace here and there or a stretch of 3-4 games with a goal. This year, he needs to tally up at least 10-12 goals if he'll want to be a legitimate candidate for TM, especially with the depth we have at the forward position. I think/hope he'll be able to achieve this, granted that saipa's midfield and forwards set him up with enough chances. His experience with TM at the youth ranks is something key to conisder too, as thats been the one area where he has consistently shown up and shined at.
    here's a video of him from last season:

#7 - Mehrdad Jamaati

Club: Foolad Khuzestan
    Height: 1.79m
    Position: Leftback/Wingback

- Again, another player many/most of us are familiar with. He has shined in the league for several seasons now and arguably had his best one last year. CQ gave him his chance, and now that we are heading into the AC, there is a big chance for mehrdad to get another chance in TM given the age of beikzadeh and heydari.....either one or both of them could be dropped. Mehrdad would be the best candidate to replace them for sure.

#6 - Mehdi Daghagheleh

Club: Perspolis
    Height: 1.75m
    Position: Winger/Forward

- Mehdi was on my list last season and again will be this season. He finished 5th in the IPL in scoring last season with Malavan, scoring 11 goals on the season which is very decent for a winger. The guy is fast, has a killer shot, and accelerates at a pace we on similary see in guys like khalatbari, sharifi, nazari, etc. If he can perform real well on the big stage, he will make a great push to be in TM. I couldnt be happier as a PP fan that we have him on board! He also has a good amount of experience with TM u-20 and u-23.

fast forward to minute 2:52 for daghagheleh's goal

#5 - Ali Karimi

Club: Sepahan
    Height: ????
    Position: Central Midfielder

- Karimi had a very solid season for Sepahan last season and impressed in the matches i saw him play in. CQ called him up to TM so we know he has his eye on him, and if he can continue to grow and progress under kranjcar, he will make a nice push to get into TM. He plays very calm, creative, and smart football, reminds me of a much more polished version of mamad nouri and is even a younger player. His future looks very bright and I cant wait to see how he develops this season.

#4 - Mohammad Amin Hajmohammadi

Club: Naft Tehran
    Height: ???
    Position: Centerback

- The most promsiing CB in Iran ATM IMO. His only major short coming that concerns me is his clumsiness and recklessness at times. The good part about that obviously is that the guy is fearless, kind of like sadeghi, but commits stupid fouls like omranzadeh from time to time. I think if CQ and his staff work with him he can become our number one CB very soon. I loved what i saw from him in Naft last season, he was undoubtedly one of the better CB's in the league next to sadeghi, khalilzadeh, hosseini, etc.

#3 - Vouria Ghafouri

Height: ???
    Position: Center Midfield

- HUGE fan of his for a few seasons now. I thought he was one of the better signings of the entire summer transfer window in the PGL. He had a stellar season last year with Naft and was one of their key players in their very successful season. This guy has is the complete package for a center mid.....good physique, strong, fast, great shot, decent passing game.....fills in just about all the key categories you need in the center of the park. He is an upgrade from ebrahimmi for sepahan based on what we saw last season. He could very well be a part of TM going forward.

#2 - Sourosh Rafiei

Club: Foolad Khuzestan
    Height: 1.84m
    Position: Center Midfield

- Rafiei was arguably one of Foolad's best players last season. He was consistent, smart, and stood out in both PGL and ACL matches. IMO, he was the biggest part of his team's success (yes, even ahead of rahmani) because of his role, which is getting a lot of the dirty work done on the pitch, similar to ando but id say he is more creative than ando. i think of him as a mxz of ando/rahmani/haddadifar/khalatbari if you will......and based on that you can infer that he is indeed a very unique player with a wide range of skills. I dont believe he has experience with TM at any youth rank, but after watching him last season, especially towards the end, he was looking very very promsiing. CQ will definitely be keeping an eye on him.

#1 - Mehdi Sharifi
    Height: 1.79m
    Position: Striker/Forward

- Sharifi is just a total beast and stud. In all honesty, this guy needs to get out of this league ASAP and go play in Europe. Apparently (according to some of his team mates) he runs 32 KM per hour which is a world class level of speed. He is a fantastic finisher, runner, ball winner, and just over all player. There is no doubt in my mind he will be a part of CQ's AC team. I am predicting big things from him this season and wouldn't be surprised to see him become aghayeh goal. With guys like khalatbari, yaghoub and ali karimi, papi, etc. setting up chances for him, he should score at least 15-18 goals this year, if not more (if he stays healthy all season). Probably my favorite player in the league and I hope he stays with sepahan and floureshes under their great management and coaching. He will be one hell of a player, not that it should surprise anyone. If he impresses the way I think he can, perhaps CQ will have to consider switching his formation to a two striker system to make room to start sharifi.

Honorable Mentions:

Milad Fakhredini (Esteghlal) - promising young player (2 years old) at the RB spot and if he can impress perhaps he will get his shot in TM. My only problems with him are his height (1.60m) and his lack of ability to protect his own box on aerial balls. Other than that, he is like a mini kaabi....if he mazamizes his potential he can be a great player but im not so sure if he will. I hope for the best from him.

Sajjad Shabbaszadeh - Very solid player for saipa last season. Creative, nice shot, good finisher in the box.....the only thing against him from getting into TM is his heavy competition which I dont think he will be able to beat out, however, its not impossible for him. Definitely a player for all of us to keep an eye on.

Afshin Esmaelizadeh (Perspolis) - Very solid, young player with european experience. Could turn out to be a big player for PP this season. His situation is similar to shabbazsadeh in that he has a lot of competition in his position i dont believe he will be able to beat out to make it to TM, but again, it isn't impossible and is definitely a player for us to keep on our radar.

Hossein Kanaani - Kanaani is on loan to Malavan from PP and is a VERY promising player at a position we are in desperate need of youth talent, AKA the CB spot (he can play as a RB as well). He is tall, strong, and fast.....exactly the skill set a CB needs. played for TM u17, u-20, and u-22. He can blosom into a very good player with consistent match praxis and hard work, and can definitely push for a spot in TM sometime soon (i doubt for the AC, but certainly for the 2018 WCQs).

Mohammadreza Khanzadeh (Perspolis) - Not really a huge fan of him for one simple reason: he makes a lot of silly errors/stupid passes, which as a CB you simply can't afford to do. However, he obviously has a ton of potential which is why CQ likes him so much. He will have a much bigger role in the team this season, and im interested to see if he can fix the holes in his game. If he can, his future looks real bright.

Ali Goudarzi (Saba) - Former TM u-17 captain if im not mistaken. He was a very solid player always but I dont believe he got a lot of playing time in his respective club. Perhaps this season he will be able to shine.

Milad Gharibi (Paddideh Mashad) - A player with a ton of potential on the attacking wing position. He is quick and technical, definitely someone to look out for.

Farshad Ahmadzadeh (Tractor) - Like Gharibi, a very quick and technical young winger. He was a standout player for Tractor in the ACL last year and could make a great push to be a top assist leader in the league.

Mohammad abbaszadeh (Perspolis) - most of us know him pretty well. Quite surprising that Daie didn't take full advantage of having such a polished forward with his speed and IQ on his team. He's certainly one of the more talented forwards in the league and could be an integral part of this young up and coming PP team.

Ayob Kalantari (Saba) - extremely talented midfielder. He was a major loss for foolad this season...also like rafiei was an integral part of foolads success last year and could make a solid case to be a part of a TM camp. A player with high football IQ and solid fundamentals and skill....definitely a player to watch.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

I'm surprised you missed someone who I thought I would find in the top 3.

Mohammad Abbaszadeh - Persepolis

Comment

^ good point, there's always that one obvious player I miss. I'll squeeze him into the honorable mentions for now thanks for the reminder brother.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Amazing list. I totally agree. I too am a big fan of ehsan pahlavan. But I would also add sadeghian and mosalman to that list. They could make a push too, although they are a bit too soosol right now.

Comment

I've always liked Daghagheleh. I just hope playing for pp doesn't ruin him and he aspires for more.
          راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Ali Alipour of Rah Ahan is also very promising. he scored 3 and assisted 2 last IPL season. He was 17 for most of last season and is 18 now. To me he is same class as Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun. He plays/ed with them at U19 as well.

Here is a short video

Comment

Great list!

Comment

Thank you for sharing some of my videos!
                Nice list but ther are two big talents I would add.
                Pourrahmatollah which played for Malavan, and now I think Tractor have him.
                And Amirhossein Karimi of Sepahan
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hanif555 View Post
                  Thank you for sharing some of my videos!
                  Nice list but ther are two big talents I would add.
                  Pourrahmatollah which played for Malavan, and now I think Tractor have him.
                  And Amirhossein Karimi of Sepahan
                  Anytime bro, your videos were great thanks for making them
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

thanks for the list, but where is payammm? He is the most promising and exciting player in the league right now

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
                      thanks for the list, but where is payammm? He is the most promising and exciting player in the league right now
                      There's already a lot of hype around him and he proved himself already. This list is more for players that will emerge or take their game to the next level IMO. If it was just about the top players to watch out for then guys like Ando, lak, Ansarifard, payam, etc. Would make up the list.
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Awesome list bro. Saw what you did there by not even mentioning Sadeghian in your honorable mentions even though I believe he deserves to be in there at least. Not surprised by it though because of his disciplinary issues. If he gets his shit together in this season under Ali Daei, he will be an influential player for the future. He has this fire and gheyrat in his playing style that reminds me of a young Ali Karimi. (I know some may see it) If he develops, he may turn out to be a great player but a late boomer meaning he will be at his best around 26-27.

In terms of raw talent and skill, he would top that list but a shame that his head is not in the right place...

Also I would add Yagboub Karimi to the top 10 instead of another player. Even as a sub, he impresses.

Anyhow, two players I'm sure that will shine this season and give a glimpse of hope for the future of TM are Ali Karimi and Mehdi Sharifi of Sepahan. Oh boy I'm glad Sepahan's youth system is as good it is and how Kranjcar and Sepahan puts trust in these young players to play.

Not sure about the other players but I hope they all have a sick season and give CQ a headache for AC 2015 squad.

Comment

Excellent list , data and analysis. I bet even CQ could benefit readig this. He could save time and then he would focus watching these players more carefully. This is where a good mihani assistant is needed by CQ. A man not just familiar with football but with high IQ who can sort out the information and player data for the head coach.

Comment

Cheers for making the thread, we should update it through the season!
                            Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                            محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                            - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Great list but Ghafouri is a RB dadash

Comment

Working...
                              X