No announcement yet.

In honor of Ali Karimi - your favorite moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reason why we love Ali Karimi is that he was pure 100% Iranian in his playing style.

His style, the 1pa2pa, was something that was ours, that we all related to playing gol koochick.

So seeing him on the world stage doing what we did every day as kids brought us pride and joy.
    راه یکی است و آن راستی است

Comment

Originally posted by branco View Post
      The Hannover move actually hit the bar, he didn't score unfortunately! but i remember the English commentator of Bayern's website said if this had gone in it would have been the goal of the season
      You're right my mistake, I was thinking of another goal he similarly weaves his way through the oppositions defense but actually scored. Gotta look it up again...maybe it was Werder Bremen then?
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
        i'm not impressed by his few flashy stuff against weak asian teams. his short time at bayern, his first year was his best but he still failed to capitalize on becoming a great player.

at the end of the day, no one remembers a few flashy moves and nice passes when the end result isnt there. how many in the world will remember how pooladi and shojaei dribbled messi, higuain and them in the WC ? i bet you no one.

there's a big difference between having the POTENTIAL to be great and actually being great. Sure karimi was a great player, but sadly he didnt live up to it. trust me i was his biggest fan until i realized he's k00n goshaad.

^ just because some people "won't remember" or have "memory loss" doesn't mean that you can't pay a tribute to those who deserve the credit. Your above statement is very generic and can be said about anyone in Iranian football - even Daei, world's best goal scorer.

In its time and place, Karimi produced some magic and is not by any means an anonymous player in the international community.

This thread is aimed at his highlights and moments of brilliance.

Comment

The Korea hattrick, the game against Ireland were he was awesome, and who can forget Roma...oh the memories. Karimi in his prime was a gem, if we find another like him talent wise, consider us lucky!
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

All of Asia Cup 2004
            His sublime cross to Vahid Hashemian for the win against Japan in 2005.
            He was actually effective in these games.

Comment

His (positive) out of the field moments are also something to remember. All his contributions to his fans, and charity really made him one of a kind.
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

This

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
                  ^ just because some people "won't remember" or have "memory loss" doesn't mean that you can't pay a tribute to those who deserve the credit. Your above statement is very generic and can be said about anyone in Iranian football - even Daei, world's best goal scorer.

In its time and place, Karimi produced some magic and is not by any means an anonymous player in the international community.

This thread is aimed at his highlights and moments of brilliance.
                  how is it generic? all my posts about him are specific to him only. he didnt work on his conditioning. he didnt try to learn the language and take advantage of being in bayern. and all his highlights arent really goals, just flashy moments and hitting the cross bar. i hate how pathetic we are as fans that we celebrate hitting the post or few dribbles. No other nation in the world does that i promise you. Daei was far more effective, hungry, adapted well, please dont compare cuz that discussion is something u dont want to bring up in this forum. they are not comparable. i love karimi as a person but thats it. as a footballer, he was exactly what i said...a potential that didnt live up to what he could've been. sure every player prob doesnt reach full potential but if we were to scale it....daei lived up to lets say 80% and karimi stopped at 20% and for me this is out of sadness....i wish he even lived up to 50% of his potential and he would've been a great player. to me he will forever be a sad story which sort of reflects our society and futbol in Iran. Its not completely his fault, its the cause of effect. but please dont make him into what he is not.

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
                    how is it generic? all my posts about him are specific to him only. he didnt work on his conditioning. he didnt try to learn the language and take advantage of being in bayern. and all his highlights arent really goals, just flashy moments and hitting the cross bar. i hate how pathetic we are as fans that we celebrate hitting the post or few dribbles. No other nation in the world does that i promise you. Daei was far more effective, hungry, adapted well, please dont compare cuz that discussion is something u dont want to bring up in this forum. they are not comparable. i love karimi as a person but thats it. as a footballer, he was exactly what i said...a potential that didnt live up to what he could've been. sure every player prob doesnt reach full potential but if we were to scale it....daei lived up to lets say 80% and karimi stopped at 20% and for me this is out of sadness....i wish he even lived up to 50% of his potential and he would've been a great player. to me he will forever be a sad story which sort of reflects our society and futbol in Iran. Its not completely his fault, its the cause of effect. but please dont make him into what he is not.
                    How many people do you know in the internatinal community that know exactly who Daei is and what type of record he holds? Daei's name is just as popular as Karimi regardless of your "goon goshad" and "percent of potential" you use to evaluate players.

Comment

Originally posted by dariush-44 View Post
                      How many people do you know in the internatinal community that know exactly who Daei is and what type of record he holds? Daei's name is just as popular as Karimi regardless of your "goon goshad" and "percent of potential" you use to evaluate players.
                      azize man daei is well known and still gets invited to events here and there. he is our ambassador and holds a record for most goals. like i said dont compare, thats not what im doing but daei did more than karimi...even his important goals in CL and being part of that CL final bayern team in 99...there are lots of things. u guys cant even point out 5 things he did other than hitting the post or something.

why do u guys get so mad when someone says the truth about karimi? zooraki nemishe yekio legend kard...u have to earn it. i know some of you have a soft spot cuz he played for your team or the things he did off the field, i admire him for that too. but just dont make him into someone he's not.

Comment

Like him. Hate his hair style.

Comment

When does someone become a legend. Is there a criteria for being a legend? Do you have to win the legend medal? Think about it.. How is a legend made? And who decides who's a legend or not?

It's the people who decide, the fans. And have no doubt about it, the mass always recognizes the special ones (be it the Beatles, Marlon Brando, Mohammed Ali, Pele, Maradonna or whoever.)
                          When you steal 90% of people's hearts and that 90% of the population (the mass) thinks you're a legend, then you probably have done somethings right and are truly a legend. It's the mass who decides (rightfully), not the minority.

One thing my father always says is that you have to live with the world around you. The world doesn't have to live with you! So when the world around you has decides that it is one way, you've to accept that, to adapt or not is up to you.. But you can't go around telling the world that it is actually the other way. Nobody cares and believe me the world can do without you (or anyone else), but you can't without the the world around you.

That's all I have to say.

Comment

someone has asked me to post this in this thread..!!sorry i posted in the wrong thread earlier and some links didnt work due to faulty CP,.!
                            hopefully its all fixed now..?
                            for me Mighty AK8 is as big of a footballing legend as Iran will ever have ..!! He is 10 times the Legend Iranian football player and 100 times the man that Daie could ever hope to be..!

Comment

Working...
                            X