No announcement yet.

Ali Karimi the legend has retired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By far the greatest talent Iran has ever produced....he was missed in WC2014, and he will leave a big gap in Iranian football. Wish him all the best.
    "Evil is rare, but ignorance is epidemic"

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
      Spectacular yes, an Iranian legend yes...unique...that's pushing it don't you think MR? There was this Brazlian, dunno if you heard of him. He went by Denilson...also don't forget Garrincha...of course, we call Karimi the Maradonna of Asian for a reason. I would say Karimi is one of the select few who was blessed with a football attached to his foot, but his skills were certainly not unique.
      Aren't you contradicting yourself? Being the Maradona of Asia is unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Aren't you contradicting yourself? Being the Maradona of Asia is unique.
        We compare him to Maradona, because he sets the standard, he is the best of the best. Being anything in Asia, as this past WC just showed, is meaningless on the world stage Of course, we all know and believe Karimi was above Asia's standards...too bad, it just never really came to fruition.
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Formerly known as Persianking!
          Follow me @
          instagram/iranscout
          instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

other rumors are he retired to be an assistant to CQ in TM, which i really doubt it is true, i would believe Javad would have been a better player to retire and sit next to CQ.
            IRI = FAILED

Comment

Ali Karimi the legend has retired!

^ if AK8 becomes the assistant coach of CQ i will eat my own...........glass of doogh (you filthy minded )

As persian eagle said, Nekounam is the only guy who i can imagine as CQs assistant.
              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Karimi is a legend, and I am proud to say that I met him in Tehran once at the airport when he played in Qatar. A very humble and honest man, and perhaps Iran never deserved someone of his ability. The WC that just passed by showed us the creativity that we miss, and which we unfortunately have not seen since Karimi.

Whilst I think he is a source of pride for all Iranians, I can't help but think that someone with his ability in a different environment could have go on to achieve even better things. To think that Karimi left for Europe and joined Bayern aged 27 is crazy, he spent some of his best days in Al-Ahli..and whilst these may be considered wasted he should also credit that club for his development. Some of his best games for TM were during those years.

One last note, I remember distinctly not liking Karimi at all when he first played for TM. This was mainly because of the ease at which he would lose the ball. I can't remember when this changed or whether I was soon won over, but he definitely matured into more of a playmaker than a ball-hogger which was my initial impression.

Alas, no regrets. He was a star and its probably because of players like him that I have enough false optimism to stick around on these forums and continue supporting TM.
                Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,very frustrating player to watch.
                  lol, yeah I am sure you looked away every time Karimi got the ball. come on dude, quit the shit.

Daei, Kia, Javad are legends of this game in my book, not Karimi who in the eyes of member stood up to (daei) and people call him legend. that's laughable
                  A legend is a legend because he is in the hearts of his fans. And I don't need to tell you in how many hearts Karimi has a place..
                  quit the shit. this is not a daie vs karimi debate that you are getting all naked for.

Comment

Karimi was a gun that we may have to wait a very freaking long time to replace. In my life time watching football I can name 5 players that I considered a true difference maker for our national team. Hassan Roshan, Azizi, Daie, Kia and Karimi are the five and I consider Karimi the best among the five, slightly over Kia.

Shireh Karimi and best of luck to him.

Comment

Mods the forums need to have a dislike button for posts. So for example when someone bashes Ali Karimi a person who brought joy to millions of people, and has gone out of his way to help others off the pitch. Everyone can dislike the post.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                        lol, yeah I am sure you looked away every time Karimi got the ball. come on dude, quit the shit.
                        no i do not look away, i keep shouting pass the damn ball you "bleep", pass the damn ball "bleep"

come on do not tell me you never done that, we have all done it. admit it

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                        A legend is a legend because he is in the hearts of his fans. And I don't need to tell you in how many hearts Karimi has a place..
                        quit the shit. this is not a daie vs karimi debate that you are getting all naked for.
                        i do not even understand your argument here
                        IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
                          ^ if AK8 becomes the assistant coach of CQ i will eat my own...........glass of doogh (you filthy minded )

As persian eagle said, Nekounam is the only guy who i can imagine as CQs assistant.

in my eyes he was never a leader and always shy away from spot light, hard to see him sit on the bench next to CQ who demands perfection, professionalism and always preaches leadership. exact same things that karmi clearly lacked!
                          IRI = FAILED

Comment

Please join and support Iran Rugby on Facebook.

Comment

in my eyes he was never a leader and always shy away from spot light, hard to see him sit on the bench next to CQ who demands perfection, professionalism and always preaches leadership. exact same things that karmi clearly lacked!
                              That's not true. You either didn't see much of him or just highlights of his skills. You mistake his humbleness for being shy.
                              He was a leader leader on the pitch no matter which team he played for, even when Nekounam was formal captain, AK8s words were taken as orders even by Nekounam.
                              It's hard to see on TV because they don't broadcast discussions and body language especially our fvckin IRIB coverage which is beyond shitness!
                              Even at Bayern he had games where he told his mates what to do and where to run.

Also, when he was injured and benched at PP he went rampage at the sideline like he was the coach himself.

Not saying that this would make him a good assitant coach. But don't doubt his leadership skills.
                              IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

no i do not look away, i keep shouting pass the damn ball you "bleep", pass the damn ball "bleep"
                                come on do not tell me you never done that, we have all done it. admit it
                                i do not even understand your argument here
                                Well, my comment was pretty straight forward and simple and if you can't understand what I posted there, then I am not sure what I can do for you.

This is a thread about a national team player retiring from football and all you do is jump in naked and argue that your favorite guy Daie is a legend, and not karimi. In a thread that is obviously set up by Kraimi fans making comments about their favorite player retiring from football. Whether Karimi is a Legend in the eyes of his fans is none of your business, nor Daie's business. but for you to be so sore to jump on everyone in this thread of all places, just shows where your mind is.

as I told you before, just quit this shit. it's the wrong place and the wrong time, not to mention that your comments are flat out wrong anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X