No announcement yet.

Ali Karimi the legend has retired!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to you Ali. He was the same to iranian football as Maradona was to Argentina or Pele to Brazil. I guess we will never see a player with the same kind of magic in his feet.
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

Comment

Originally posted by shahname View Post
      Good luck to you Ali. He was the same to iranian football as Maradona was to Argentina or Pele to Brazil. I guess we will never see a player with the same kind of magic in his feet.
      Yeh rite! Lets get serious. He turned out to be 33% of what he was supposedly capable of. Gimme Azizi, Bagheri, Kia etc any day of the week. HOWEVER he was a TM player and gave us many memories. His game against Korea at the Asia Cup, demo match against AS Roma(?) and lets not forget the awesome cross to Hash for the winner against Japan in Tehran all those years ago. He was also good for a few games for Munich. Thanks for the memories Mr Karimi!

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
        Good riddance, less hasheh in our football, tho he was a great football player, i still do not know why you guys call him a legend? what has he done to be a legend? wearing a green wrist band (respectable), serving tm (respectable), serving needy kids (respectable), very talented (yes). but he never appreciated what he had and never wanted to reach his prime level. very frustrating player to watch.

Daei, Kia, Javad are legends of this game in my book, not Karimi who in the eyes of member stood up to (daei) and people call him legend. that's laughable
        Yes I assume playing for bayern Munich is nt good enough, winning the bundesliga is not good enough, playing in the champions league is not good enough. My stomach churns when I see such ungrateful people dismissing karimi a service to iran, don't you remember his goal against uae, and yes I suppose a hattrick against South Korea and one of the greatest ever individual performances in iranian history is not good enough, I also agree being the most skillful asian player is not good enough at all, a 87th minute goal in the derby.... Absolutely pathetic, Jesus fcking Christ show the man some respect, even esteghlalis are respecting him. You must have extremely high standards or you have never seen Ali karimi touch a football

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
          Good riddance, less hasheh in our football, tho he was a great football player, i still do not know why you guys call him a legend? what has he done to be a legend? wearing a green wrist band (respectable), serving tm (respectable), serving needy kids (respectable), very talented (yes). but he never appreciated what he had and never wanted to reach his prime level. very frustrating player to watch.

Daei, Kia, Javad are legends of this game in my book, not Karimi who in the eyes of member stood up to (daei) and people call him legend. that's laughable
          How about being the third most capped player in TM history, and 3 most goals only to Daie and Bagheri? That puts him ahead of MMKia and Nekounam as of right now So if they are legends, Karimi deserves the honour too.
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Even if he showed 1% of his potential, still he's only matched by Daei in his greatness. I remember back in the days if Karimi couldn't play for TM, the match would be perceived as 'boring' before hand. Iran without Karimi felt like Iran B.

A big thanks to Karimi for the joy and excitement he brought to us, the fans, and whole of Iran. We won't see another Karimi any time soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
              Yeh rite! Lets get serious. He turned out to be 33% of what he was supposedly capable of. Gimme Azizi, Bagheri, Kia etc any day of the week. HOWEVER he was a TM player and gave us many memories. His game against Korea at the Asia Cup, demo match against AS Roma(?) and lets not forget the awesome cross to Hash for the winner against Japan in Tehran all those years ago. He was also good for a few games for Munich. Thanks for the memories Mr Karimi!
              sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
              >-----------------<
              Marg bar dictator
              >-----------------<

Comment

Shame he had to play his peak years for Branko and with Daei instead of Vahid. Could have been a bigger legend.

Comment

I cannot believe how hostile some of you are towards probably the most talented player we ever had.

Have you forgotten the sleepless nights we all stayed up watching this guy tear shit apart in Bayern Munich and al Ahli? Had it not been for a nasty injury against Hamburg in the snow... I wonder what the potential could have been.

Had you forgotten how everyone said his transfer to Bayern was a marketing ploy? This legend benched Schweinsteiger, Ze Roberto, and even Ballack at times and not only did he perform, he excelled at Bayern. Everyone called him the next Ballack..

He did lack the motivation to continue after his injury, but I don't blame him... what a nasty injury that was. For someone who didn't speak German, far away from home, being confined to recovery...I understand how tough it must have been.

Nevertheless, this guy continued to impress and amaze us... I personally grew up in Dubai and watched this guy first-time manhandle everyone at the stadium. These are memories I will never forget. He made you proud that you were Iranian...

Lets not forget how many times he saved TM's ass... how he was the star of our Asian cup in 2004 and had it not been for some shitty refeering and corruption, that cup was definitely ours. Did he not destroy Irish defenders during the playoffs(yes he missed, but do you know someone that would've had the opportunity to miss?). Lets not forget had he not scored against UAE in the WCQ 2010, we wouldn't have had a chance to qualify come next game against Korea which we ended up drawing. This guy never put his self interests above his fans and TM and for that we all love him.

As a perspolisi, you can't deny this guy's passion for his teams...he turned down multi million offers to go back to Dubai to play for Al Ahli...and for Qatari clubs to stay at PP. When he unwillingly moved to Steel Ezin... his passion for PP never stopped, he always wanted to show PP's management what a big mistake they made, denying him to play for his favorite club...

As a human being, all the respectable acts that he did for children and special needs does not need any explanation.

Finally, I want to say thank you Ali! For all the memories and fantastic moments of my childhood. You are only comparable to Daei in your acheivements and feats...and I truly hope you get your final farewell game with Perspolis, against either Al Ahli Dubai or Bayern Munich.

Comment

I rate Daei and Nekounam better than Karimi.
                    Karimi's potential was out of this world, but he never made it.
                    He served TM many times and could have been a legend if his attitude did not get in the way of his skill.
                    His retirement does give our younger players opportunities to play, which is a positive.

The next player I hope to retire to give opportunities to younger players is Bengar.
                    We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

LOL @ people saying Nekounam> Karimi. LOOOOOOOL
                      Khodahafez jadoogar.

Comment

He brought us over 15 years joy, i think this MEANS LEGEND!
                        World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                        sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                        If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                        -

Comment

Karimi brought us football joy. Stood up against the freaking system! For that he got my outmost respect. legend 8

Comment

Originally posted by Zamboor View Post
                            Karimi brought us football joy. Stood up against the freaking system! For that he got my outmost respect. legend 8
                            Remember how we used to edit karimi videos and post them here ? haha

Comment

Originally posted by CHaMiLLionaire View Post
                              Remember how we used to edit karimi videos and post them here ? haha
                              Good old days. Or how we followed him when he was in qatar while the rest of pfdc kept saying he aint worth following he plays in an arab league fuck him

Comment

The best dribller than perspolis will never had

Comment

Working...
                                X