Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Arabia - Australia 2:3 at Fulham stadium, a entertaining and good match by both, and saudis wanted the draw with all power, i watched the match. it was like an "official game" by both. they would both give Iran problems today, but i hope we will be in form to finish first in our group and reach semis. from there, everything is possible...
    World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
    sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
    If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
    -

Comment

Uzbekistan is a damn good team

Comment

LOL 8-0ers lost again!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Japan - Venezuela in minute 60. Japan took the lead in the 2nd half but gave up a very stupid penalty a couple of minutes ago to let Venezuela tie the game 1-1.

Comment

Not related to AC but our former WC opponent Bosnia is playing an EURO qualifier and is being hold by Cyprus at home..1-1 after 50 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Not related to AC but our former WC opponent Bosnia is playing an EURO qualifier and is being hold by Cyprus at home..1-1 after 50 minutes.
              the're a very inconsistent team. Look at how they played against us and compare to the game versus Nigeria.

Comment

Re: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                the're a very inconsistent team. Look at how they played against us and compare to the game versus Nigeria.
                I agree. Still I think losing 3-1 could have been avoided that day.

Comment

Cyprus just scored another goal..1-2.

Comment

Sv: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Cyprus just scored another goal..1-2.
                    Turkey getting thrashed 3-0 by Iceland! Oh this day is funny our U16 won against Saudi, Nekounam is captain, and hopefully our volleyball team will rape tomorrow. I couldn't ask for more under these circumstances.

Comment

Re: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                      Turkey getting thrashed 3-0 by Iceland! Oh this day is funny our U16 won against Saudi, Nekounam is captain, and hopefully our volleyball team will rape tomorrow. I couldn't ask for more under these circumstances.
                      IMO, this raises the question why we couldn't win Bosnia that day. What a wasted chance, a team losing 1-2 at home to Cyprus is not that good.

Comment

Bosnia 1-2 Cyprus

FT.

Comment

That raises a VERY BIG question for me bro. I think Bosnia was the most overrated team of the WC and we should have beaten them in a last game in which they had nothing to play for. But we (including the Bosnian fans at the game) all know what the problem was... defensive tactics in a must win game and players that were in CQ's own words tired from the Argentina game.

I may be having contract negotiation fatigue, but frankly I don't think CQ made or will make that much of a difference in the results we achieved in the WC or will achieve in the Asian Cup. I think he would make a great "consultant" for a long term plan for Iran's football program at all levels, but as a coach he left much to be desired in Iran, just like he did with all his previous national team coaching jobs.

Frankly, I find his stint as TM coach like dating a super model, where she's always looking down on you and you're never good enough, everything's always your fault and you have absolutely nothing in common, but you still keep dating here 'cause her resume says she's a super model and you think that will somehow make you better!

Now, if you've ever heard of anyone who became something more than they really are by dating a super model, we can expect a Cinderella type happy ending for TM, otherwise we're just showing up to these parties (be it the WC or the AC) with our super model girlfriend, so she can make us look like a loser while the Cypriots show up with their modest wife and leave the party feeling like champs. And that's exactly the reason dating super models isn't for everyone!

Comment

I think Iraq will cause us some problems TBH. I expect surely a win though. I know few of their players and they have a strong young squad, and in the future they will be a very big threat. I also hope that we won't have to face them in our road to 2018 Qualifiers. Their left back Ali Adnan is probably one for the future, and if you ask me to be neutral, I see his potential up there along with Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun, if not better (no kidding look him up). In general their team has good youth players that will probably be big in Asia few years from now. They are serious contenders for qualification for the next World Cup as outsiders mark my words.

Also, note that they have more legionnaires in Europe than us, these are the 44 players that they called up, which is a preliminary squad:
                            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_na...#Current_squad

Comment

Originally posted by Zandi360 View Post
                              I think Iraq will cause us some problems TBH. I expect surely a win though. I know few of their players and they have a strong young squad, and in the future they will be a very big threat. I also hope that we won't have to face them in our road to 2018 Qualifiers. Their left back Ali Adnan is probably one for the future, and if you ask me to be neutral, I see his potential up there along with Jahanbakhsh and Azmoun, if not better (no kidding look him up). In general their team has good youth players that will probably be big in Asia few years from now. They are serious contenders for qualification for the next World Cup as outsiders mark my words.
                              Also, note that they have more legionnaires in Europe than us, these are the 44 players that they called up, which is a preliminary squad:
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_na...#Current_squad
                              I see they have also called up some players who play in the amateur competition of the Netherlands like Alphense Boys..their list of legionnaires doesn't look impressive at all if you ask me, except Zana Ali who plays for Rennes and he is 20 years old. Rest of them are just players who come out in U-21 leagues.

We got this bro!

Comment

I see they have also called up some players who play in the amateur competition of the Netherlands like Alphense Boys..their list of legionnaires doesn't look impressive at all if you ask me, except Zana Ali who plays for Rennes and he is 20 years old. Rest of them are just players who come out in U-21 leagues.
                                We got this bro!
                                I hope we do. But I believe players from Eredivisie U21 like PSV Jong are very capable of troubling our players. Ahmed Yasin is a fix player with Orebro in Swedish league, Ali Adnan is one of the young stars of the Turkish league in general, and their center mid Yaser Kasim is also a regular in Championship side Swindon Town, very intelligent and strong player physically, all these guys are very solid players. I hope CQ will prepare us correctly. If we are not careful the next years can be catastrophic in our football if we don't have a good transition by replacing our old big guns. It takes only few small losses here and there and teams like UAE and Iraq can replace us in Asia as WCQ contenders.

Comment

Working...
                                X