Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuwait lost 3-1 to China

Comment

Not the most impressive results for any of our opponents in the group stage or potentially the quarter-finals (i.e. Iraq or Jordan).

Deaf, dumb or blind any coach should be able to get us to the semi-finals pretty easily this time (for a clash with Australia or S. Korea), which is the stage we have reached in almost 60% of the editions of the Asian Cup under the Islamic Republic, regardless of who the coach was. And again, that's as far as we've gone regardless of how crappy our vatani coach was or how experienced and lovely our international coach was.

So I don't think the amount of panic I'm seeing at this point and all the doom and gloom posts are really warranted, unless CQ was definitely going to take us to the final or better yet win the tournament and he was willing to literally put his money where his mouth was. Otherwise, it's really not going to make a difference with or without him, one way or another, with a $10 million a year coach or some shirei dude off the street working for free IMHO.

Comment

Update on Asian team Friendly results from today:

China 3 - Kuwait 1
        Peru 2 - Iraq 0
        Uzbekistan 2 - Jordan 0
        Belgium 2 - Australia 0

Tomorrow:

Japan vs. Uruguay
        South Korea vs. Venezuela

Comment

Originally posted by aenima_8 View Post
          Update on Asian team Friendly results from today:

China 3 - Kuwait 1
          Peru 2 - Iraq 0
          Uzbekistan 2 - Jordan 0
          Belgium 2 - Australia 0

Tomorrow:

Japan vs. Uruguay
          South Korea vs. Venezuela
          Even war ravaged Iraq gets to play Peru, a team we cannot even dream of playing!!!!

Comment

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Am I the only one that is gonna attend one of Iran's matches at the upcoming Asian cup?

I'm hearing no one making any plans.

Australia in summer time is endorsement enough, let alone supporting ur nation.

Dig deep and come to Australia

Comment

Uli Stielike is the new Korean national team manager. Judging by wikipedia, Korea got a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                Not the most impressive results for any of our opponents in the group stage or potentially the quarter-finals (i.e. Iraq or Jordan).

Deaf, dumb or blind any coach should be able to get us to the semi-finals pretty easily this time (for a clash with Australia or S. Korea), which is the stage we have reached in almost 60% of the editions of the Asian Cup under the Islamic Republic, regardless of who the coach was. And again, that's as far as we've gone regardless of how crappy our vatani coach was or how experienced and lovely our international coach was.

So I don't think the amount of panic I'm seeing at this point and all the doom and gloom posts are really warranted, unless CQ was definitely going to take us to the final or better yet win the tournament and he was willing to literally put his money where his mouth was. Otherwise, it's really not going to make a difference with or without him, one way or another, with a $10 million a year coach or some shirei dude off the street working for free IMHO.
                TM's matches versus PGCC countries are always exceptions. TM always ends up playing worse and they end up playing at a much higher level. Logically we should beat them every time handily, but they really play hard against TM.

Comment

F**kin Kaffashian stands there with an ugly grin and says, "we will not loose any oppotunities for Asian Cup preparations".
                  No you incompetent moron, it is only a FIFA day and as the rest of the world is enjoying their teams representing their nation, we are still without a coach and a plan. You Mr. Kaffashian is what is wrong with our TM. Your indicissiveness and lack of football management is what is keeping us from reaching our full potential. It is you that wants to look good in front of bunch dinosaur vazirs and mullah's at the expense of our team, players and millions of fans with hearts bigger than Azadi Stadium. You and the rest of your Mafia buddies are the true anti-football and worse than any enemy our football has ever seen. I know your heart doesn't beat for our glorious Iran and TM since they gave you this position to protect their own interest and fatten their pockets.
                  We have only a few months left to the Asian Cup and as fans we demand action and could care less about your gut feeling since you don't even know football.
                  sigpic

Comment

this shows how our country is getting teared appart because of these people leading the country. afsus.

Comment

IFF's logic is actually this: 3 preparation games which will take place during the group stage (Bahrain, UAE, Qatar) for the actual matches in the K.O round.

Comment

Friendly game results from today: Wednesday 5th, 2014

Japan - Uruguay: 0:2

South Korea - Venezuela: 3:1

Comment

What the bloody hell?
                          Everyone is making use of these FIFA days .. except us.

Pretty much providing great excuse for an impending loss for our federation as well as coaches. And li'l wee fans will come and start bowing to the greatness of any tom, dick and harry

Comment

Sv: Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            What the bloody hell?
                            Everyone is making use of these FIFA days .. except us.

Pretty much providing great excuse for an impending loss for our federation as well as coaches. And li'l wee fans will come and start bowing to the greatness of any tom, dick and harry
                            Jomhuri eslami khubeh digeh, mardom enghelab mikhastan.

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                              Jomhuri eslami khubeh digeh, mardom enghelab mikhastan.
                              Thank god IR came a long to give us an excuse for every single darn piece of incompetence us Iranians bring upon ourselves. Guys car breaks down...its IR's fault...lady misses the bus...it's IR's fault...I am feeling sick...well if IR wouldn't have come I wouldn't have felt depressed and angry back in 1979 which undoubtedly affects me now...

Let's own up to the fact that in general lot's of incompetence is surrounding our IFF and TM...and while IR is a convenient excuse, I am not seeing the same out of our Futsal, Beach Soccer, BBALL, VBALL, Tae Kwon Do, Wrestling, or any of our other world class level sports....who by the way receive less funding that IFF does. First let's fix and lay blame where it solely lies...Kaffashian and CQ (both of them, I am sorry but they have been hot dogging us this entire time) before we go for the bigger cheese. Even our players deserve blame, choosing Persian Gulf leagues for pay over careers in Europe! For gods sake, didn't Iraq win AC during the height of their war? With all of this time and money wasting, and debates between vatani and foreign coaches...we could have been preparing camp and playing friendly matches.
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                                Am I the only one that is gonna attend one of Iran's matches at the upcoming Asian cup?

I'm hearing no one making any plans.

Australia in summer time is endorsement enough, let alone supporting ur nation.

Dig deep and come to Australia
                                No point making plans bro when we don't even have a coach and our star players are struggling in 3rd rate Asian leagues. Australia's not exactly next door for most of us - long, expensive trip with no happy ending in sight.

Comment

Working...
                                X