Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asian Cup - Group Preview - Friendlies, Information and more..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like our group. Now we have the golden chance to crush them once and for good.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
      I like our group. Now we have the golden chance to crush them once and for good.
      Just like we had those golden chances in masses in the past and we failed so many times
      Only the recent Bahrain games can be considered as Crush but playing 11-10 from minute 1 is a different story.

I really hope you are right mate. But as Kiarash said: they always turn something else when playing us and our players seem to have a mental blockade when playing them.
      IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali.Karimi79 View Post
        Just like we had those golden chances in masses in the past and we failed so many times
        Only the recent Bahrain games can be considered as Crush but playing 11-10 from minute 1 is a different story.
        I really hope you are right mate. But as Kiarash said: they always turn something else when playing us and our players seem to have a mental blockade when playing them.
        What is great about CQ is that he has gradually "detoxified" the mentality of TM players.
        You could easily see it vs Lebanon in our last matches.
        We have not really trashed hostile arab teams in recent times unless under CQ.
        He is not just a coach, he is the kind of guy who can create a new mentality and mindset.

We could see this in this WC vs. Argentina were even Ferdowsipour said "ma cheghadr khoobim?!?!?". He made us believe in our abilities.

I think what we should beware of is overconfidence rather than nervousness against our opponents in the group stage. We will do good this time around

Comment

Originally posted by saeed_noro View Post
          I think right now the best programs/friendlies are organized by:

1) clearly UAE
          2) Uzbekistan
          3) Jordan

Therfore i also think that Jordan will be better prepared as Iraq and they can and in my opinion will make the race in that group.

I only hope Iran starts good and win the first two matches and make sure Japan also win their group to avoid clash in quarterfinal.

Iran should definitely win their group, which seems harder compared to Japan wining their group. But i hope both teams will first meet in final instead quarterfinal..

Iran than will play Jordan and after this Australia i think...

Don't worry, everyone is worried: WE WHERE THE BEST ASIAN TEAM AT WORLD CUP 2014!! We are going to win every game by game and the we will bring the Asian Cup 2015 to Tehran with Carlos!

Comment

http://www.tasnimnews.com/English/Home/Single/445299

Comment

South Korean Federation confirms the friendly with Iran which will take place on November 18th in Tehran:

"S. Korea to travel to Iran for football friendly in November
              2014/07/30 10:37

SEOUL, July 30 (Yonhap) -- South Korea will travel to Iran for a football friendly in November, an official with the sport's national governing body said Wednesday.

"We will have a friendly match against Iran in Tehran on Nov. 18," an official with the Korea Football Association (KFA) said, confirming an earlier Iranian media report saying the two countries would meet in November.

South Korea will host Venezuela on Sept. 5 and Uruguay on Sept. 8, as part of its preparation for the Asian Cup in Australia next January. South Korea will play two more matches in October, before first traveling to Jordan for a match on Nov. 14 and then visiting Iran four days later.

The KFA said it hasn't settled on the opponents for the two October matches. It is in talks with Paraguay for Oct. 10, and is trying to choose a second opponent for Oct. 14."

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/cult...03800315F.html

Comment

If true that's awesome news. It'll be a good prep for what will come after the group stages. We'll definitely be playing against teams like Lebanon, Iraq, Syria, etc. in prep for our group games so this is definitely a quality friendly
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

weird friendly after what happend in Korea, but Korea asked iran and will pay their own costs so Iran agreed..

Comment

lol Korea wants revenge so badly, i cant wait until we beat them a third time in a row they will lose it
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

All countries Friendly list updated. fifa.com calendar as source

+Iran should invite Uruguay to Tehran for October Friendly, as Uruguay will play Saudi Arabia in Jeddah on 10 October.
                      +Iran should invite New Zealand to Tehran for September Friendly 01-05 September, as they will play on 09. September in Tashkent vs. Uzbekistan. They can reach an agreement.
                      _________

Other good opportunities for September can be:

Libanon, Georgia away,

Other good opportunities for October can be:

Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Libanon, Palestine beside Uruguay.
                      Turkey on 5th October in Turkey or Iran.
                      Brazil or Argentina on 5th October in Tehran, as Brazil will face Argentina on 11th Oct. in Beijing. Probably one of them are ready
                      Georgia on 5th Oct.

Other good opportunities for November can be:

Bosnia Herzegowina, on 10-14 Nov before our South Korea Friendly, as they play in Israel on Nov16
                      Libya, Morocco,
                      Russia on 10-12 Nov in Teheran as they play 15 Nov. in Austria
                      Brazil on 15 Nov. in Teheran, as they play on Nov12 in Istanbul vs. Turkey
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Canberra was initially scheduled to host Japan's likely Asian Cup quarter-final before it was moved to Sydney to satisfy international broadcasters.
                        The defending title holders were on track to feature at Canberra Stadium on Friday, January 23 at 5.30pm when the draw for the Asian Cup took place on March 26 this year.
                        However, the AFC and the World Sports Group switched the fixture within an hour of the announcement to accommodate the lucrative television audience in Japan.
                        An option of having the 5.30pm game in Sydney was also considered unfeasable because of the possibility of low crowds from peak-hour traffic at ANZ Stadium.
                        The ACT Government has contributed $4.3 million to host seven games, including a quarter-final, of the Asian Cup from January 10-23 next year.
                        Instead of the likely Japan v UAE quarter-final at Canberra Stadium, based on the current FIFA rankings that game is now expected to be Iran against Jordan.

http://m.canberratimes.com.au/sport/...801-zzaxu.html
                        We are currently witnessing a revolution in Iranian football. Team Melli has never been stronger than it is today, and we will only get better.

Comment

World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                          sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                          If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                          -

Comment

http://boxscorenews.com/blow-for-bah...-p95889-68.htm

Comment

Who is going to the Asian Cup?

Comment

Some more good news: from what I read in Iranian sports news both Thailand and Saudi Arabia have withdrawn their bid to host Asian cup 2019 and IRANs only rival is now the UAE which hosted in 1996 exactly 20 years after Iran successfully hosted its 2nd Asian cup. Now it all depends on back door discussions and maneuvers to see if Iran can secure hosting rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X