Fun fact: Iran the best Asian team in World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARARAT View Post
    I am sorry for your poor choice of words here but it is kind of expected. Do not worry, you are not alone in that class. Facts are facts. RG missed two chances to sink Argentina and he failed to deliver. Watch the replays of his misses against ARG and NIG and you will PERHAPS see he failed miserably. You CANNOT squander such opportunities against a team like ARG because if you do you better not blink. IR did just that and the end result was devastating.
    Case in point, since you brought in Ronaldo, aha, Ronaldo. Have you forgotten his pinpoint last second pass that resulted in the equalizer against USA? That is a world class player. Without that play PORT is not even in a game with a chance to advance. In RG's case his misses simply cost the team dearly in the most prestigious stage of international football. To his credit, he did become the first Iranian striker to score in the WC since the great Hassan Rowshan did so in 1978. That is a 7 game drought so glad to see that monkey out of the way.
    Ok let me show you some numbers of a world class player so you can stop with your argument, because it's wrong. This was Christiano Ronaldo's last season statistics, witch totally refute your argument of a world class striker only needing 1 or 2 chances to score a goal.

Chance conversion | Shot accuracy | Shots per game | Goals Scored
    18.8% 63% 6.9 34

So basically out of 100 shots on net, he's only scoring a measly 18.8 goals. Can you see how this completely refutes your argument now? This isn't an opinion either, these are facts and his statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Bijan1 View Post
      nice to see our forum staff being so classy...
      Bachehah, varan: Grow up already...
      I reserve my right as a member first to express myself responding to derogatory and sarcastic comments on our national team, in this case an outsider rubbing it in after our tough loss and departure from the world cup...I'm a fan buddy, how did you expect a fan should react to a trash talk?.. Sorry for disappointing you and not fitting in your moral codes bud,..I'm glad you're the grown up around here taking shots at your own people reacting to rival fans cheap shots..
      Last edited by Mr.Click; 06-27-2014, 10:28 PM.

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
      به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

the way our team was prepared and the problems the coach and players faced and lack of decent friendlies and facilities I think we were the best team of the world cup not to mention asia,
        if germany or even japan had any of the issues we had they would take no less than 4 goals each game, the motivation of our players were fantastic these guys put their heart out there in the field

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
          I reserve my right as a member first to express myself responding to derogatory and sarcastic comments on our national team, in this case an outsider rubbing it in after our tough loss and departure from the world cup...I'm a fan buddy, how did you expect a fan should react to a trash talk?.. Sorry for disappointing you and not fitting in your moral codes bud,..I'm glad you're the grown up around here taking shots at your own people reacting to rival fans cheap shots..
          I knew you would see it that way... Now I am the traitor...
          I have to say: he really didn't fire real cheap shots at the beginning. The points he made are debatable and not really a provocation.
          And if you think that by being disappointed in our reaction to that is taking shots at you, I really start to think I am to old for this diacussion...

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

Comment

I am sorry to say this, but you make no sense.

Comment

We started it with this sorry-ass post of Iran is the best team in Asia. I mean come on, can we just first once admit that we really F'd this last game up against Bosnia like how we performed in every game in 2006? Can we admit that our team isn't THAT great? Do we need to now find someone to be proud about, that Iran is the best in Asia? It's so pathetic. It reminds me of Iranians who always want to brag about how AN IRANIAN did this and AN IRANIAN did that, even if it's a trivial accomplishment. WHO GIVES A F???? Let's admit our TEAM SUCKS and MOVE ON.

Comment

The supposed best of a really bad bunch

Comment

Originally posted by georgejoon View Post
                  We started it with this sorry-ass post of Iran is the best team in Asia. I mean come on, can we just first once admit that we really F'd this last game up against Bosnia like how we performed in every game in 2006? Can we admit that our team isn't THAT great? Do we need to now find someone to be proud about, that Iran is the best in Asia? It's so pathetic. It reminds me of Iranians who always want to brag about how AN IRANIAN did this and AN IRANIAN did that, even if it's a trivial accomplishment. WHO GIVES A F???? Let's admit our TEAM SUCKS and MOVE ON.
                  I wouldn't agree that it sucks and I am proud of it. But that doesn't mean we have to be blind about its current shortcomings. And we don't have to hit at other teams not performing better. We should concentrate on the positives, take them and try to get better.

In the larger context we would remember that Iran has better chances to be successful in the World Cup the more Asian teams have the opportunity to show themselves there. That none of Asias teams moved on is just sad and to celebrate that is just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Bijan1 View Post
                    I knew you would see it that way... Now I am the traitor...
                    I have to say: he really didn't fire real cheap shots at the beginning. The points he made are debatable and not really a provocation.
                    And if you think that by being disappointed in our reaction to that is taking shots at you, I really start to think I am to old for this diacussion...

If "what happened to iran's best chance for 3 points vs bosnia?"..followed by ")" is not cheap shot in your eyes, then perhaps you ARE too old for these kinda threads..
                    I don't understand what's the big deal here, some foreign guest opens an account to make comments on TM, which is fine and welcomed, but when he decides to rub it in when our team is down then he should expect some trash talk in return naturally which seemed he was ready for since no replies,..,blowing things out of proportion, aren't we?

Comment

Originally posted by georgejoon View Post
                      I give a F so does millions other fans,..it's perfectly fine to be proud of our boys, and it's insulting to say they "suck" or they're a "bunch of clowns"..and yes, Iran is one of the best teams in Asia and no one can deny it,..if our team is not on par with other world class teams is a different story, but that doesn't mean we should stfu and absorb insults against our boys, whether it be from fake domestic fans, or rival foreign fans whom their team had nothing to show for..

Comment

It's ridiculous to see people criticizing RGN. That too based on ''numbers'' only.
                        Why be so superficial. Why do Iranian fans have such restricted, limited field of view? Perhaps it is the general lack of curiosity or information that forces such mediocre, restricted way of thinking.

Anyway, before comparing RGN with any other player, you must expand your field of view beyond that single player.
                        His supporting cast matter a lot.
                        His team's strategies and tactics also bear on the issue.
                        His opponents' quality and standards also matter a lot.

RGN was not supported, neither by his team's strategy, nor enough by his team mates to have an impact.
                        And yet, as far as I can remember, he created at least FOUR (if not more) very dangerous chances and scored a goal.

Aside from these stats, he had three fantastic performances, considering the limited support he received. Full of energy, fighting spirit, technique and trickery.
                        I'd say after Pouladi, he was our best player.

So lets not have such repressed, limited views

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                          ps: watch out with the language you use. I'm not one of your South Korean hair blond colored tiny dick chingchong schoolfriends!
                          I just wanted to quote this to show people once again your stupidity. You do realize I can say similar things right?

This is a football discussion community. FOOTBALL.

Comment

Hoy, kimchi .... why hang around in a foreign forum and poke and irritate people?
                            You do know you can (and shd) get banned for behaving like an immature, silly kid ... don't you?
                            I suggest you go work on your stats against Iran before coming here and boasting about a bunch of RIGGED matches

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                              Hoy, kimchi .... why hang around in a foreign forum and poke and irritate people?
                              You so know you can (and shd) get banned for behaving like an immature, silly kid ... don't you?
                              I suggest you go work on your stats against Iran before coming here and boasting about a bunch of RIGGED matches
                              That doesn't give anyone the right to be racist. I'm sorry for having an opinion but I'm here to stay and somewhat contribute to discussions.
                              -
                              Take away those matches against Italy and Spain. I could care less about what you and those cheating hypocrites may think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKorean View Post
                                That doesn't give anyone the right to be racist. I'm sorry for having an opinion but I'm here to stay and somewhat contribute to discussions.
                                -
                                Take away those matches against Italy and Spain. I could care less about what you and those cheating hypocrites may think.
                                i think otherwise
                                Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                                O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Working...
                                X