Fun fact: Iran the best Asian team in World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ARARAT View Post
    The problem Iran has always had at this level is the absence of finishers. Reza Ghoochmandnejad should have scored three goals in the first 2 games if his finishing skills were a notch higher and the results would have been very different today than one point from 3 games.
    True, but also how many chances was created for him? How many good attacks did we have in the entire tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
      True, but also how many chances was created for him? How many good attacks did we have in the entire tournament?
      Top class finishers [I am not even mentioning world class strikers] need ONE chance to slam the door shut. RG had not one but two chances to sink Argentina. He failed to deliver and TM paid the price. He also failed to score on Nigeria when he headed the ball right at Vincent from almost point blank range thereby allowing him to make the save. Watch the replays and you WILL see what golden chances he messed up.

Comment

Top class finishers [I am not even mentioning world class strikers] need ONE chance to slam the door shut. RG had not one but two chances to sink Argentina. He failed to deliver and TM paid the price. He also failed to score on Nigeria when he headed the ball right at Vincent from almost point blank range thereby allowing him to make the save. Watch the replays and you WILL see what golden chances he messed up.
        Enough with your bullsh!t and talking outta your asss....1st i open a thread from you claiming an Iranian coach is better for TM, and now this? Is CR7 world class enough for you or a top finisher? Go watch the Portugal-Ghana highlights and come talk your garbage about if Ronaldo was a top class finisher [not even world class], that he would have, should have, could have taken Portugal to 2nd round today. It works that way sometimes in games, goalies have amazing days, they happen to be at the right place at the right time....RGN has like 11 goals in 17 matches for Iran if i am not mistaken, that's a top finisher [even world class] in my books....
        Sometimes i feel like ppl just talk nonsense for the sake of having said something, like you, or that ugly mut in the Iran vs Nigeria highlights who looks like has never ever ran for 500 meters saying " khak to saresh" when a TM player mis-hit that volley....you guys would make a perfect couple....you should go find her and make ugly little "WORLD CLASS FINISHERS".

Comment

Yes, Gucci should certainly be compared to "top class".. Ffs he plays in 2nd lg of England. At least he put his shots on frame and can run on to the ball with speed. You think Gholamreza Rezaei could do better?

Comment

Dejagah and even Gucci are top class when compared to IPL players, but, the one thing I was disappointed in both was the constant complaining to the ref and not controlling their emotions. Their frustration showed on the field, and without question, it did effect the other players.
            “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Fun fact: Iran the best Asian team in World Cup

Get the fk out of here man, you are delusional, go watch any wc game and watch strikers worth 25 times reza miss 5-6 clear chances a game

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
              AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

Originally posted by TheKorean View Post
                I thought Bosnia was terrible.
                "Iran's best chance for 3 points"
                I don't know who said that but I'm sorry Greece was really shit last World Cup. I personally never said Bosnia was terrible. Lol if this Bosnia was in Korea's group it would've been 6-2 throwback .

Comment

Ughh, actually they don't, they need a whole game's worth of chances to maybe get one or two goals, and that's with a lot of luck, years of playing at the highest level of football, having an actual midfield and forward line to supply them passes, and shoulder some of the pressure.

You don't win games by fielding literally one attacking player and having 10 defenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
                    you're right.. 8-9 would be more realistic
                    Nice to see our forum staff being so classy...

Bachehah, varan: Grow up already...

Comment

Originally posted by Saam View Post
                      I don't know who said that but I'm sorry Greece was really shit last World Cup. I personally never said Bosnia was terrible. Lol if this Bosnia was in Korea's group it would've been 6-2 throwback .
                      Talk to me when Iran qualifies to the round of 16.

Comment

I don't like the way you are degrading our national team while you are a guest on our forum.

Come on man, I expected more from you.

Comment

Actually with the state of your country,economy,politics,sports etc you did a piss poor job in recent world cups (not counting the 2002 cheating). If we had your position globally we would be a major force like the way we are in wrestling,volleybal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                            I don't like the way you are degrading our national team while you are a guest on our forum.

Come on man, I expected more from you.
                            He's just pissed that their keeper has 10 second delayed reactions while the rest of his team flips and flops when anyone looks at them.
                            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

SK has played 9 WC's out of which they have reached the next round only twice, from which one was mainly because of home advantage (2002).

Iran has participated in only 4 WC's without having had home advantage. So no fair comparison!

If we take away the home advantage and the referee support you had in 2002, then SK has only qualified once out of 8 times for the next round. Great achievement for a team that has qualified for the last 8 consecutive WC's, has so many players in European competitions and claims to be the best team in Asia!

Here's a cookie

Last edited by Amin_; 06-27-2014, 07:46 AM.
                              Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Once again, Korea loses to a team playing with 10 players ....... It takes special talent to do that, especially when it is 0-0 playing 11 versus 11.
                                “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X