No announcement yet.

Fun fact: Iran the best Asian team in World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought we had a pretty tough draw - certainly tougher than Korea and Japan.

Can FIFA take away a few Asia spots for the 2018 World Cup?

Comment

i do not think this is something to be proud of!! all 3 teams played modern football compare to iran and have done well. lets not fool ourselves with these silly stats. the point is that they just lack the talent. iran goes to show that we have the talent only need the necessary infrastructure to develop these talents
      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by sooskmar View Post
        The sad part is, they all put on a better show than our clowns

ستايشگر آموزگاری هستم که انديشيدن را
        به من بياموزد و نه انديشه ها را. زرتشت

Comment

Originally posted by TheKorean View Post
          I thought Bosnia was terrible.
          "Iran's best chance for 3 points"
          how many goals Korea is planning to concede against Belgium? ..6 maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
            Well they already took 4 against Algeria so 6 seems a bit generous.
            I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
              Well they already took 4 against Algeria so 6 seems a bit generous.
              you're right.. 8-9 would be more realistic

Comment

I dont understand some people completely change their minds one day after another..
                to be honest we gave all we had during this wc and thats all that matters and I am proud of our boys; we had 2 amazing games, but didnt perform as good as we should have, and that is fine. Im still heartbroken and pissed about today's result, but would applaud to them! People should know that in this wc, Iran had a much better performance than 06.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Click View Post
                  So pretty much, you had no reply to what I said and changed the topic completely.
                  Its ok, Iran didn't do so bad. They equaled their 06 performance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKorean View Post
                    So pretty much, you had no reply to what I said and changed the topic completely.
                    Its ok, Iran didn't do so bad. They equaled their 06 performance.
                    thanks,..and beat Korea twice on their way getting there..

Comment

i really hope S.Korea does well today and advance. right now AFC and asia are looking really bad, this is not good for iran nor asia
                      IRI = FAILED

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        It seems that asian sides do bad in WC when Iran qualify (98, 06 14) and are successful when Iran isn't there (02, 10)
                        I think the right way of looking at it is that Iran does not qualify when we have quality opponents in Asia and only qualify when our opponents are weaker compared to their historical and world standards. The performance of Asian teams this time around compared to 2010 created a big question mark for me as far as CQ's achievement in qualifying us from Asia and I'll discuss that in more detail in a thread "CQ, the good, the bad and the ugly".

Comment

Not really. IMO, Australia would advance from our group. Iran simply did not have the quality and the speed of Australia. They were also consistent with their performance.
                          .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

The final result is that none of the AFC did well. Iran had a chance to advance and were in control of their destiny but did not bring it on against Bosnia. The game was not even competitive. Frankly I was shocked at the poor 3-1 outcome.

Comment

let's face it Iran was offensively the worst among the Asian teams, could not string 3 passes together, Australia despite 0 points at least played well and had a more difficult group, the most disapponting team to me was Japan. Officially:
                              1. Korea 1 point -3 (3-6)
                              2. Iran 1 point -3 (1-3)
                              3. Japan 1 point
                              4. Australia 0 point

Comment

Originally posted by fairplay View Post
                                let's face it Iran was offensively the worst among the Asian teams, could not string 3 passes together
                                The problem Iran has always had at this level is the absence of finishers. Reza Ghoochmandnejad should have scored three goals in the first 2 games if his finishing skills were a notch higher and the results would have been very different today than one point from 3 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X