TM Omid camp starts under Vingada [News, photos]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
    Why does nobody mention Mohammad Naseri? This guy just got signed by Birmingham City few weeks ago. Definitely one of our better players.

Edit: my bad, I messed him up with Navid Nasseri lol.
    Because most or almost none of us have seen him play
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

more than half of this team is made from players that can not play in next Olympic in two years ! why we are again committing same error while most of teams will come to this tournament with roster under 20 that can be eligible to play in next Olympic .. !!

we did it in past and we saw result . chera darse ebrat nemishe!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Irooni View Post
        more than half of this team is made from players that can not play in next Olympic in two years ! why we are again committing same error while most of teams will come to this tournament with roster under 20 that can be eligible to play in next Olympic .. !!

we did it in past and we saw result . chera darse ebrat nemishe!
        because vezarate javanana o varzesh i is a ministry run by even bigger idiots than IFF. IFF said let us send a team we can use for qualifiers but vezarat said they want the medals. Idiots. Literally repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.
        And if they've named 20 players, they want to add 3 over-23 year olds as well. Fools.

Comment

They use these older players so that they will qualify. Plus they are allowed to use 3 players over age of 23 in Olympic team.

Comment

This is for Asian Games. As far as I can many of these players won't even be able to play in the Olympic Qualifiers. Mosalman for instance is already 23 so is Khanzadeh. Yaghoub Karimi will turn 23 in a few days. Kaveh Rezaei is borderline. It's beyond stupid to play in the AG with players who can't play in the qualifiers. Iran is desperate to medal at the AG for no good reason. They won't even do it with this team. Both our federation and olympic committee are comprised of morons.

Comment

If this tourney serves as a qualification route, then calling a few age-questionable players could be excused. But if it isn't an Olympic qualification, then it makes no sense whatsoever to bring in age inappropriate players when you could use this to BUILD an experienced Olympic team

Comment

I checked, and unfortunately this tournament does NOT work as qualifications for anything. For the Olympics 2016 qualification, there will be a U22 2016 tournament.

Comment

"Games-Big names absent in Iran's Asian Games football squad

Aug 19 (Reuters) - European based players Alireza Jahanbakhsh and Sardar Azmoun were noticeable absentees when Iran named a 20-man football squad for next month's Asian Games in South Korea.

The Sept.19-Oct.4 Games are not part of FIFA's official calendar so club sides are under no obligation to release players to take part.

Jahanbakhsh, who represented Iran at this year's World Cup, plays for Dutch side NEC whose season begun earlier this month, while 19-year-old striker Azmoun is currently in action for Russia outfit Rubin Kazan.

Iran can add three more players to their squad before the tournament gets underway.

Iran are the most successful football nation at the Asian Games having won the tournament four times, with their most recent triumph coming in 2002 when South Korea last hosted the multi sport event.

Portuguese Nelo Vingada, who previously assisted Iran coach Carlos Queiroz, will take charge of the side who finished fourth at the last Asian Games. (Writing by Patrick Johnston in Singapore; editing by Julian Linden)"

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/gam...8162--sow.html

Comment

Vakia scored the winner today against esteghlal khuzestan, just something to note about a likely starter on this newly announced team
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by ghermez agha View Post
                      Vakia scored the winner today against esteghlal khuzestan, just something to note about a likely starter on this newly announced team
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=Bzxx94mdVgA
                      Well played Vakia!
                      sigpic

Comment

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong. But why are some of you blaming the federation etc? Isn't it if anyones fault, Vigandas? Doesn't the coach pick his players?

Comment

Vingada will travel to S Korea tonight to be present at AFC draw for TM Omid. He will be back to Iran After two days.

به گزارش سایت رسمی فدراسیون، نلو وینگادا-سرمربی تیم ملی فوتبال امید به منظور حضور در مراسم قرعه کشی رقابتهای اسیایی اینچئون کره جنوبی امشب( 28مرداد ماه)تهران را به مقصد کره جنوبی ترک می کند و پس از شرکت در مراسم در طی دو روز آینده، به تهران باز می گردد.
                          اخبار تکمیلی متعاقبا ارسال می شود.

Comment

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/sport/2...ea-also-seeded

Comment

Iran was drawn into group H with vietnam and kyrgyzstan
                              Full draw: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footb...14_Asian_Games

Comment

We should easily take 1st place and with a large goal differential too. Great news
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X