TM U22-Football at the 2016 Summer Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
    fortunately I did not watch the match, so can anyone give me a quick summary? Were we outplayed? Or did Vietnam finish 4 of there 5 chances and we only finished 1 out of 20? Who was at fault for the goals?
    We had 15 shots on net. Lots of careless mistakes killed the team though.

Comment

Originally posted by irani1378 View Post
      fortunately I did not watch the match, so can anyone give me a quick summary? Were we outplayed? Or did Vietnam finish 4 of there 5 chances and we only finished 1 out of 20? Who was at fault for the goals?

vietnam deserved to be 2-0 up. iran was so poor i cried. in 2nd half iran was better team but sucked a lot anyway and deserved to lose by 2 goals

Comment

Comment

As long as we (thankfully not all fans) focus on the nationality of the coach, be it Iranian or foreigner, we will be missing the point and making a fool of ourselves.
          As much as some foreigners have been successful, there have been others who have been total f**k UPS with some of the worst results in our history (like first ever losses to minnows like Jordan, Lebanon, Vietnam, ... etch). The same way for vatani ones, who have had successes as well as miserable failures.

So as long as we focus on the irrelevant parts like where the chap is from, instead of whether he can manage, he has ideas, he knows how to deal with our unprofessional players and set up, ... etc., we will be merely going round and round in circles

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            The entire fundamentals are wrong. This is the difference between volleyball and football in Iran.
            Football in Iran is run by poor managers, has lots of money, a league with no joy, excitement or talent yet grows every day like some sort of sickness. Not even 1% of the money in the sport has been invested in youth. Very few push for this and most are only interested in the short term.
            Volleyball on the other hand has had good youth teams for almost 15 years now. We have a league that focuses on quality over quantity and every single club has a great academy.
            38 years has not been to the Olympics in football and everyone keeps repeating the same damn mistakes.

Volleyball's success is due to its LOW PROFILE and lesser popularity which has kept all the parasites and viruses (ie: IRGC sardars and their I'll gotten money from public) corrupt hands away from it.

Not to mention the fact that some of the worst, corrupt and incompetent bastards were put in charge of vital posts running our football.

Also the fact that our volleyball was nurtured from the youth stage. I remember years back our youth volleyball teams were making waves in Asia as well as on world stage. The batch of stars we see today are the same youth players that our fed'n invested in.

Football fans also to bear A LOT of the blame for focusing on silly, short term results which forces the clubs to go for short term success instead of investing on the youth.

So most of you chaps ought to first look into the mirror to find some of the culprits

Comment

I said this before I say it again! Where the $%#* are our U-22 legionairres namely JB, Sardar and the Ezzatolahi??!!! Why arent they used when we need them most!! What are they? our trophys??!! Ridiculous!:bs:

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                I said this before I say it again! Where the $%#* are our U-22 legionairres namely JB, Sardar and the Ezzatolahi??!!! Why arent they used when we need them most!! What are they? our trophys??!! Ridiculous!:bs:
                If we need JB, Sardar to tie against vietnam U22 we are in a deep sh1t!!

Let's them stay far away from this mediocrity and this mickey mouse competitions. Specially Ezzatollahi who has only one year contract so far in Spain.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  If we need JB, Sardar to tie against vietnam U22 we are in a deep sh1t!!

Let's them stay far away from this mediocrity and this mickey mouse competitions. Specially Ezzatollahi who has only one year contract so far in Spain.
                  He has a 5 year contract apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    He has a 5 year contract apparently.
                    No, one year + 4 years in option.

Comment

Very true and right words from DD

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        No, one year + 4 years in option.
                        Source?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                          Source?
                          http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...g-golden-ball/

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                            Volleyball's success is due to its LOW PROFILE and lesser popularity which has kept all the parasites and viruses (ie: IRGC sardars and their I'll gotten money from public) corrupt hands away from it.
                            Not to mention the fact that some of the worst, corrupt and incompetent bastards were put in charge of vital posts running our football.
                            Also the fact that our volleyball was nurtured from the youth stage. I remember years back our youth volleyball teams were making waves in Asia as well as on world stage. The batch of stars we see today are the same youth players that our fed'n invested in.
                            Football fans also to bear A LOT of the blame for focusing on silly, short term results which forces the clubs to go for short term success instead of investing on the youth.
                            So most of you chaps ought to first look into the mirror to find some of the culprits
                            Great points DD, but let's face it what takes most our football to hashie and generate most unsavory non footballing characters mostly surround 2 clubs in the country.

Most of the rubbish talks and writings are on perspolis and Esteghlal. Hell even every time someone farts in these clubs the incident is covered in hashie1 to hashie 15.
                            sigpic
                            Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

By the way boys and girls, we beat Vietnam 1-0 in the last Asian Games in our final group game which we didn't even need to win.

In the 12 months before Mansourian resigned, U-22/23 TM had not lost a single game, playing opponents like Turkey, S. Korea and Morocco! In fact, in all of 2012 and 2013 TM lost a SINGLE GAME under Mansourian and I believe that was with an experimental squad against Syria the 2nd time we played them in a week! In the 9 months since Mansourian left, the same team has won just one game and even that wasn't under Vingada!

All of this obviously doesn't point to neglect in the past 30 years, or Iran not having the talent, or blah blah blah. It points to one thing and one thing only and that's coaching. And the coach should have been replaced before we even started this tournament with his shitty record of not having won a single game. But when performance and results don't play into decisions, this is the end result - at any level, for any sport, in any country.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, if there's any chance for Iran to make it out of the group stage, Vingada's sorry ass should be spanked and put on a plane straight to Lisbon or better yet, somewhere in the Azores as far away from Iran as possible!

Kaffashian then needs to go and kiss Mansourian's ass, buy him a first class ticket and put him on the first flight to Incheon. Naft can manage with a caretaker coach for a couple of weeks, but it would be a disaster of divine proportions if a team that has made it to the semi-final of every Asian Game (since the format was changed) would get eliminated in the group stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X