La Liga and IPL - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: La Liga and IPL

1. Top | #41
    PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 1,853 Times in 873 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    speaking of the devil: even the iranian rags have picked up on the issue of using shojaei in TM

and that's why they are called rags ....

if you look at the strategy we had in the game against Korea, no creative midfielder or defender (jabbari, shojaei, heydari etc ...) would look great. We were not in the game to attack or play an entertaining game with beautiful passes. A tired team would be defeated if they did go all out against a well rested Korean team playing at home again. We went in to disrupt the korean plays, defend and attack at the right time. That's why every other play involved Teymourian and Neknounam since they were the focal point of CQ's plan. That is why Hosseini and the rest of the defense looked so great. In summary, turning the game into a slow and ugly game was the intention.

You follow the ball like any fan would, but like I said previously, you cannot follow the actual game unless you are in the stadium

2. Top | #42
    PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
    and that's why they are called rags ....

if you look at the strategy we had in the game against Korea, no creative midfielder or defender (jabbari, shojaei, heydari etc ...) would look great. We were not in the game to attack or play an entertaining game with beautiful passes. A tired team would be defeated if they did go all out against a well rested Korean team playing at home again. We went in to disrupt the korean plays, defend and attack at the right time. That's why every other play involved Teymourian and Neknounam since they were the focal point of CQ's plan. That is why Hosseini and the rest of the defense looked so great. In summary, turning the game into a slow and ugly game was the intention.

You follow the ball like any fan would, but like I said previously, you cannot follow the actual game unless you are in the stadium
    First of all, not all defenders were great. It was only Seyyed Jalal Hosseini. You said the game plan made all midfielders pull back and this is not true. Did you see Ehsan Hajsafi who came in for Masoud Shojaie ? He provided a good cross to the 18 yards, something that Masoud Shojaie was not able to do for the whole time he was playing. Ehsan Hajsafi dribbled passed two Korean defenders and the referee wrongfully called for a hand ball.

3. Top | #43
    High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,226 Times in 405 Posts
    Well I finally got to watching the game again in order to log Shojaei.

A few notes: I used this link: http://www.pfdctv.com/?p=8737 . I watched the IRIB version, not the PNG one. The minutes I mention below are the times of the VIDEO itself, and not of the game. This is because IRIB did not have the scoreboard up right away so I used the timing of the video.

----------------------------------------
    1st Half:

1:11 - two Koreans crowd him, draws foul

5:19 - receives nekounam's chipped ball, but loses possession

5:21 - his pressure after losing the ball causes Korean turnover.

8:01 - starts quick press, blocks Korea's forward pass down the wing

10:23 - again Koreans try a forward pass down the right flank, Shojaei blocks, possession Iran

14:12 - give and go with Jabbari. Jabbari to Masound, Masoud chips over Korean D back to Jabbari down the left

27:22 - Koreans send a diagonal long ball to the open left flank, Shojaei rushes the recepient and heads the ball away

34:07 - Great touch in the centre of the field from a long ball pass from Andranik. Outruns his Korean marker, and sets the perfect through ball to a streaking Heydari

35:59 - Gets the pass on our left flank. Out-battles Korean defender to keep possession and pulls it to Andranik

37:30 - Runs back and intercepts a diagnol Korean pass to their right wing.

38:55 - AGAIN tracks back beautifully and presses the Korean winger, causing him to lose the ball. Ball goes to Andranik, who lays for Shojaei. Shojaei with a one touch pass to Gucci down the wing who gets fouled.

2nd Half

29:27 - Great one touch control on Ahmadi's goal kick, maintains possession for Iran, makes forward pass to Jabbari

37:28 - Subbed off for Hajsafi

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, this is by no means the most fantastic game of football anyone has ever played.

But compared to Jabbari and Heydari, Shojaei was the best of the three.

Heydari had very little to say during the entire match.

And while I didn't log any of this, Jabbari was most probably the biggest liability during the SK match. He often made passes that put his teammates in very uncomfortable positions. Whether this was by making inaccurate passes that forced the recipient to stretch for it, causing him to lose possession. Or from making a pass to a teammate who was clearly marked tightly (seemingly he just wanted to get rid of the ball). Couple that up with several fouls he made, as well as losses of possession.

So when we actually break the game down bit by bit, Shojaei had a much bigger impact then it seemed.

Especially for a guy who is touted as poor defensively, I thought he did a rather admirable job for a team that was playing a patient game which involved absorbing attacks from the Koreans.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ando Teymourian For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread : 125

You do not have permission to view the list of names.