Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why we don't have more players outside of Iran

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/da...sis-statistics

If you pay close attention to the top, it's because none of our games' analysis data is available on scouting platforms.

And before you go blaming this on the government, keep in mind that this is a cultural issue. Our national team players have to wash and reuse their jerseys because there is so much theft, ignorance, and a general indifference towards progress in our culture. It's super easy to get a domestic (or foreign) kit provider to provide enough clothing. These issues exist because no one cares, everyone's a critic, and no one wants to build infrastructure.
    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Iranians hate bookkeeping. Any sort of record keeping is viewed as suspicious.
    This and the inability to stay in line are why we're messed up

Comment

I mean sure, more analytics would help Iranian football... but a lot of AFrican and South American talents farm leagues don't really have advanced statistics either.

Comment

Yeah, you could unleash terrabytes of xG data onto the world and it still wouldn't be enough to make the likes of Ghaedi and Nouro look like an attractive proposition for European teams. And then we have the added problem of PGPL players having an average player age of 53 which, again, makes the haj aghas a little less attractive to potential European suitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21
          Sanctions imposed by u.s doesn’t allow any company to sponsor tm, you know how corropt Columbia is as a country, but they get premium adidas sponsorship
          Pp isn't part of Iran to be sponsored by Uhlsport?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            looooooooooooooooool

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamer View Post

If you pay close attention to the top, it's because none of our games' analysis data is available on scouting platforms.

And before you go blaming this on the government, keep in mind that this is a cultural issue. Our national team players have to wash and reuse their jerseys because there is so much theft, ignorance, and a general indifference towards progress in our culture. It's super easy to get a domestic (or foreign) kit provider to provide enough clothing. These issues exist because no one cares, everyone's a critic, and no one wants to build infrastructure.
              Is there a good sample from other countries that you could link to here? I am curious how it would look like.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

The data is collected though. Metrica for example has it all.
                I just think clubs aren't interested in dealing with Iran like they would most European or even South American clubs.

African players are not a good example, as they go through a route which is not really club based.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm View Post
                  Is there a good sample from other countries that you could link to here? I am curious how it would look like.
                  Quoting from the article:
                  "The leagues selected for this analysis are the following: Qatar Stars League, United Arab Emirates Pro League, Saudi Professional League, Japanese J1 League, South Korean K League and Chinese Super League. The Iranian Gulf Pro League would have been an interesting one to include but it lacks complete data on Wyscout and others like the Indian and Australian leagues missed out as their level is considered slightly lower."

The article goes through their analysis. I'd say most of the leagues they analyzed are comparable to ours.

The data is collected though. Metrica for example has it all.
                  I just think clubs aren't interested in dealing with Iran like they would most European or even South American clubs.

African players are not a good example, as they go through a route which is not really club based.
                  I don't think that's true. From what I can tell, Metrica is used by very few clubs in comparison to Wyscout or Opta, and the main differentiator is that Metrica's data analysis is automated based on video, which is probably rudimentary at the moment at best, and also maybe why it's not widely used.

Our players don't get discovered because the cost of discovery is so incredibly high when there's no data available online. The reason that so many players from Japan and Korea consistently get transferred over to smaller European teams at a younger age is because their easily scoutable, and relatively 'cheap' in comparison to players from other leagues.

I'm willing to bet most of our players who played in Belgium only managed to do so because Kaveh Rezaei caught the attention of a few clubs, and some of them were willing enough to reach out to agents in Iran and do some digging. How else would they find out about someone like Gholizadeh or Delfi?
                  Ma Bishomarim

محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                  - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

See @Metricastats: https://metrica.ir

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      See @Metricastats: https://metrica.ir
                      Thanks for sharing this. This is neat, but the problem remains, they don't share their data with any of the other platforms, so clubs don't have access to it.
                      Ma Bishomarim

محمد مختاری -

- Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

🤚 guilty 😅😂

Comment

Advanced stats dont measure heart
                          WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Bro , this culture only came about after the Islamic Republic came in power. Don’t forget that we were heading towards becoming a first class nation.

Mullas and Muppets did this to our people, don’t insult our people.

We never had these issues when Shah was in charge bro.

We are Currupt because of IR.

Comment

Working...
                            X