Please explain Skocic logic to me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please explain Skocic logic to me?

1. Arguably our best player Ghoddos is warming the bench, in our most crucial match and didn't play last match either.

2. Makes defensive sub when were trailing 1-0

3. Makes 2 substitutes with only 30 SECONDS remaining on clock?!

Is this guy in a coma? I don't care if he is 20-0 this doesn't make sense.

EDIT: Ghoddos has played PERFECTLY every match he has come in, It isn't like he is being scrutinized for a bad performance. Skocic seems to be rewarding bad performers and punishing good ones.
    You just got Caged
    K.C McElroy's Fan

2013–2014 Malavan
    2014–2016 Foolad
    2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
    2019–2020 Sanat Naft

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
      2013–2014 Malavan
      2014–2016 Foolad
      2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
      2019–2020 Sanat Naft
      /endthread
      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

I honestly don’t know who’s actually coaching this team

You see Karim shouting and giving instructions more than you ever see the coach. He appears to always just be standing there with his arms crossed. I don’t get it
        --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
        --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
        ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
        --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
        ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I don't care if he was 9-0 or whatever.. All of those opponents were against much inferior teams.. Whenever we play someone to our level like Korea, he gets exposed.. He is not a TM material coach.. Even Yahya would have been better..

However, we can't make a coaching change at this point. He has gotten us results and its a results driven business.. Hopefully after WC, a change will be made.

Comment

Question for the more knowledgeable fans, is Ghoddos somewhat fluent in Persian? I would like to know if he is able to communicate with the rest of the team well. I just don't get why he doesn't get the start, or get subbed in. Skocic could've brought him in for Gholi's replacement. Ghoddos played fantastic against Syria, granted I know he was positioned as a midfielder for that game, but today he could've been subbed for Gholi and played as a winger. So frustrating that we have firepower on the bench and isn't getting used. Prior matches, I thought Skocic was doing a decent job with his subs, today it was extremely frustrating when you could clearly tell we needed fresh legs to keep the pressure on.

Comment

Should beat South Korea 2-0 in Tehran. 1-1 is not an acceptable result... back to the drawing board. Team e' Melli needs to hire assistant coaches for improving both the offensive and the defensive tactics.
              sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

2012–2013 Persepolis (assistant)
                2015– Persepolis (assistant)
                2020– Iran (part time manager)

Karim bagheri is the manager! skocic is the yes man! Who would play ahmadnoor over ghoddos? at least sub him out in 2nd half!

This team is no way near world cup level! Either give skocic time or look for a proper option available!

Comment

I agree he certainly ain’t no well qualified world beater international coach …be careful what you wish for asking for his axing .....!!
                  our federation is broke as a joke and that's before paying up some 5 mil plus judgment they lost to that moftkhoreh e lard asss..!!

Personally fear even a far worse replacement will be brought on in Eskoochie place ..!
                  @ least he is pragmatic in his game approaches & plays mostly to our strengths & doesn’t try to revolutionize our overall successful game approaches from long CQ’s tenure & for most part plays the strongest squad available to him ..!
                  But yea, we have the squad strength & potential to be a far more formidable WC participant once we qualified with a coach like that of Saudi's.!
                  But even him gonna need at least a few months in charge (3-4 challenging friendlies & at least 2-3 weeklong prep camps) prior to WC to get his ideas through & game strategies properly implemented..! & let me tell you what …! AINT GONNA HAPPEN ..!
                  Be happy with status quo or be prepared to be even more disappointed..!

If he continues our qualifications process as well he has so far, we’d be fools to opt for a change knowing our fundamental deficies above, the least of which is $$s..!

Comment

There is no logic. He got dedication and wants to win. But he is not an intelligent guy and thats his weakness.

Comment

unfortunately we had (and missed) our chance with herve renard - i'm not sure Skocic can take us far but it just takes one look at Wilmots to know it could be much worse

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
                        2013–2014 Malavan
                        2014–2016 Foolad
                        2018 Khooneh be Khooneh
                        2019–2020 Sanat Naft
                        Gholam Peyrovani has a better resume than him. At least he is from my hometown.

Skocic not giving Ghoddus a chance along his overall subs today almost gave a heart attack today. I never said anything about any other coach we had in the past but I'm honestly beginning to dislike this guy very much. A demoted, retarded version of Branko Ivankovich at his best!

Comment

dont know if his tactics are play safe first to get an advantage in second half aka coaches half.
                          if he goes in with good tacitc first half the opponents coach will have a chance to adopt to it in second.
                          but if he goes in with status que in first half he can surrprise the other side with a tactic in second, like today / combined with korea choking trying to defend 1-0 in 40 minutes with lack of tactics.

im not saying its a good tactic, but seems he is a good cup coach so thats maybe why he does this tactics.. saving subs to 90 min maybe its a reflex that he thinks the games going in to overrtime lmao

he should fix the defence, aka better pressure not 11 men standing infront of own penalty area and giving the opponents plenty of time on the ball, no perssure at all.. im surprised the koerans didnt do better.. i remember what messi did when he got 2 seconds with no pressure in world cup against us, now we didnt press att all in first half.. and make subs earlier, then im happy

dont want to go to world cup and be the new 8-0ers
                          remember they did also go through qualification but got exposed.. badly.
                          we need to fix the non existing perssure in defence. thats most important, they cant just stand theyer and aim to shoot or make good passes. we were lucky koreans cant do that for shit, they need 20 chanses to make that pass and they may spot it one time, but an ok team would make our defence look like it was 2002 again
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Ghoddos has little match time in England. Against weaker teams he could be ok but Korea could have exposed that today. I suppose Skocic saw this in training and didn't want to risk injury or fatigue. Fact is this result is acceptable and all the Koreans felt lucky to escape with a draw.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

i guess with how the game went, both teams should be happy and it was a fair result.. that last chance for korea was a sitter if it was the tottenham star who got it.. great save by Beiranvand.. he really saved us from a defeat.
                              We hade good chances as well, 2 hit the post and lack of VAR saved korea from a penalty on Taremi aswell. since iraq drew with uae 1 pts is ok,
                              btw uae had a goal in for 3-2 on overtime atleast it looked like that on the VAR, but the ref blew the wistle and said game had ended, pointed as it was a goal but said whole ball wasnt in.. and confusion on the field.. no goal game over.. uae players were crying on the field.. insane stuff..
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                              X