AFC Champions League 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprised we don't have a thread for this (or at least one that I could easily find). Tournament is already underway with the Preliminary Round 1 games played yesterday.

The Preliminary Round 2 games will be played next Tuesday (February 10th).

Naft will be joining the action the Tuesday after that (17th) in a single game at Azadi against either El Jaish (Qatar) or El Nahda (Oman) in the Palyoff-Round.

Hopefully all 4 Iranian teams will be involved in the Group Stage starting February 24th:

February 24th

PP vs. Lekhwiya
    Pakhtakor vs. Naft (given they win their playoff game)

February 25th

Foolad vs. Winner of West Play-off 4
    Nasaf Qarshi vs. Tractor

why do foolad play in tehran?

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
      why do foolad play in tehran?
      Foolad's playing all their home games in Ahvaz like they normally do. Naft is playing their play-off game in Azadi, but I think the rest of their home games (if/when they qualify) will be @ Takhti stadium.

Comment

Why would naft play the playoff game in azadi? It will almost be completely empty

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
          Why would naft play the playoff game in azadi? It will almost be completely empty
          Yeah, it should be the other way, so they play their group matches there

Comment

Originally posted by ali alipour View Post
            Why would naft play the playoff game in azadi?
            I think Lady Gaga's having a concert @ Takhti that day!

Comment

I think the reason they are playing in Azadi is because of the better pitch. Since Naft plays a more passing and possession style of game Azadi would suit them better.
              And Perspolis should play in Anzali with Sir Alex Botox's tactics...

Comment

Originally posted by Abbas7595 View Post
                I think the reason they are playing in Azadi is because of the better pitch. Since Naft plays a more passing and possession style of game Azadi would suit them better.
                And Perspolis should play in Anzali with Sir Alex Botox's tactics...
                The pitch in Abu Musa suits them perfectly. All they do is bezan ziresh anyway.

Comment

AFC Clown League 2015

Comment

why is naft playing in azadi? are they going to play their home games in Azadi in ACL?

Comment

Georgios Samaras has joined Foulad's ACL group opponent Al Hilal (KSA)
                      http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-...ew/news/187428

Oussama Assaidi also joined Al Ahli (UAE) who is in Tractor's group from Southampton

Comment

Originally posted by ZandiJoon View Post
                        Georgios Samaras has joined Foulad's ACL group opponent Al Hilal (KSA)
                        http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-...ew/news/187428

Oussama Assaidi also joined Al Ahli (UAE) who is in Tractor's group from Southampton
                        saw this in facebook the other day. A friend of mine who's half Greek said he will be getting 10 million Euros for 3 years. And that he's basically done for the national team, he's pretty much out. And furthermore, he said that he didnt play well in England recently, and that he's now getting more than double of what he could get in Europe, playing for some mid table german or spanish team.
                        But nice that he's gonna come to Iran

Comment

Aren't there player eligibility requirements in the AFC? I thought you have to be signed with the club at the beginning of the current season to be able to take part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi-honar View Post
                            Aren't there player eligibility requirements in the AFC? I thought you have to be signed with the club at the beginning of the current season to be able to take part.
                            That's only in Europe bro. Arab Football federation is basically khar tu khar.

Comment

Naft will play El Jaish next tuesday for a group stage spot. They beat Al Nahda of Oman 2-1 with a 90th minute goal today.

Comment

Working...
                              X