This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saman Ghoddos @ Östersunds FK | 2016 - 2017

Saman Ghoddos is performing well for his new team Östersunds FK, who are in the top flight of Sweden. Currently they are 8th.

He has 5 goals and 3 assists in 19 league games and is a regular starter. He is only 23 years, and a versatile forward (his main position is CAM, something TM is in need of).

I think, he is an interesting prospect for TM and the WCQ 2018 campaign. So let's follow this lad in this thread, since he said in a statement that he wants to play for Iran. I believe, he might be the answer to TM's vacant CAM position.

Here is a highlight reel of his skills:

If anyone has more footage, please post it.

He will indeed leave Östersund at the end of the season (winter transfer season) he has been to good for an avreage team as Östersund.

Comment

Think CQ is gonna call him up soon if he keeps performing. Shojaei is aging and will be 34 in 2018, Dejagah even in his prime was anything but a playmaker. Ghoddos is 23 and performing good in an average european league. If any of those players abroad (Davari, Beitashour etc) deserves a call up right now its him. Keep also in mind that hes still young so if he keeps performing, or as Zamboor pointed out he moves to a better Allsvenskan team, we might even loose him to Sweden.

Comment

Ideal replacement for Taremi, hope he chooses TM

Comment

My question is if this dude is pretty decent why he wasn't yet transferred to better club?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            My question is if this dude is pretty decent why he wasn't yet transferred to better club?
            It's only his first real season in Allsvenskan, also be has 5 goals and 1 assist not 3. People like making up random stats at PFDC...

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
              It's only his first real season in Allsvenskan, also be has 5 goals and 1 assist not 3. People like making up random stats at PFDC...
              What do you mean? It says on Transfermarkt that he has 5 goals and 3 assists.

Comment

I don't think he is Team Melli material. I find it hard to see him replacing any of our current players. If he had been that good, he would have already been called up to play for the Swedish youth teams. That does however not mean that he does not deserve to be called up by Queiroz for assessment.
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Well, some players are ''late bloomers'' who happen to get better when they age. His previous clubs perhaps tell he is an average player, but he is only 23. I mean, if someone like Alenemeh can get a cap for TM then why not this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                    Well, some players are ''late bloomers'' who happen to get better when they age. His previous clubs perhaps tell he is an average player, but he is only 23. I mean, if someone like Alenemeh can get a cap for TM then why not this guy?
                    I would see the point in experimenting if the team we already have would be weak. But it isn't. I'm not interested in another William Atashkade (which some members on these forums unbelievably hailed before).

I agree about the late bloomer case - but in the final and crucial stages of a qualification campaign it is better to work and improve with those players who brought us this far. A mediocre 23-year old player will most likely not turn into a world cup player in less than two years. But maybe he would be useful for the qualification campaign for 2022.

Just my two cents.
                    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

"Gather ye rosebuds while ye may, Old Time is still a-flying;
                    And this same flower that smiles today, Tomorrow will be dying."

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      What do you mean? It says on Transfermarkt that he has 5 goals and 3 assists.
                      Whoscored claims he has 1 assist. I think your site is counting pks won as well, which no other site counts as an assist. This is a common misinterpretation but winning pks don't count.

Comment

Whoscored claims he has 1 assist. I think your site is counting pks won as well, which no other site counts as an assist. This is a common misinterpretation but winning pks don't count.
                        No we changed it last year so that winning pks dont count on transfermarkt.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AsOen5 View Post
                          No we changed it last year so that winning pks dont count on transfermarkt.
                          Oh you run the website? Very nice... well then Idk because whoscored is pretty reliable. I'll check what other stats websites say...

Comment

Oh you run the website? Very nice... well then Idk because whoscored is pretty reliable. I'll check what other stats websites say...
                            No, I am just the admin for the iranian Leagues ^^
                            Just checked it on tm.de and it must be a mistake.
                            F.e on this game http://www.transfermarkt.de/spielber...ericht/2682231
                            it really says that The assist is by him getting the penalty, but it shouldn't count as an assist.
                            Otherwise Taremi would have the most assists in IPL.
                            EDIT: I just saw that many admins on transfermarkt are having this issue, will be fixed soon I guess, anyway TheWheels was right on both points
                            sigpic

Comment

There's no harm in giving him a try. Even in a camp. Worst is he doesnt measure up. That's all.
                              You dont lose anything, but may gain some. I always say and repeat ''leave no stone unturned''.
                              If you can add to the team's potency, even by a small margin, I'd say go for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X