Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran won vs Iraq because of luck

With luck I mean that we are lucky to have individual talent in our team, which resulted in a victory, because we were not tactically superior by any means.
    The win was sweet but we can’t become complacent.
    I posted this in the post-match rating thread but that thread is dead and everyone needs to read this.
    It's necessary that everyone who voices their opinion sees this post because we all need to be united in our opinions on which players are good and which aren’t.
    For instance, many people gave Nourollahi a lot of credit and a high rating after the game.
    We can’t have a split opinion on this player. Everyone needs to be on the same page.
    There is evidence that will be presented in this thread on why he can’t play for Iran ever again.
    We need to share the same opinion so that we can pressure the coach to stop this ignorance of playing him.
    If changes don’t happen soon, we will be punished against stronger opponents.

Player performances

Moharrami:
    terrible passing early in the game on a great attacking chance.
    Completely sleeping at min 14 which almost resulted in a goal for Iraq, because he had his back against his opponent. Amateur defending there (even though it was offside which is irrelevant because he got outplayed and it would've counted if Iraq timed the run and pass better).
    At min 56 he made a real mess and caused a counter attack for Iraq.
    At min 60:40, he made a real mess offensively on his first touch.
    It was obvious that Hardani needed to get subbed in. Perhaps Skočić is biased here because Moharrami plays for Dinamo Zagreb. Hopefully he saw his flaws but simply wanted him to get game time to regain his form.

Noorafkan:
    amazing vision and pass for the first goal. He makes things happen because he has an offensive-minded mentality.
    However, after Moharrami's bad defending, he did a terrible job clearing the ball from that attack and almost cost us a penalty. Yes it was offside but the defending was their best effort in a live situation.
    Also, at the 20th min mark he heads the ball backwards into the penalty box when he is trying to clear it forward.
    I must add that his first touch in general is very sloppy.
    At min 75:30 he almost cost us a penalty once more with an amateur piece of defending.

Nourollahi:
    the best for last.
    Watch min 26:35 of the game and you will all see why Nourollahi isn't good. He even sees the open run of Noorafkan, but decides not to cross it to him because he doesn't believe in his own ability and accuracy. He doesn't have the confidence to play the pass.
    At min 31:30 he made a great run and pass to Azmoun. We get one glimpse of hope, just to get reminded why he is a burden to the team when he goes on at min 57:35 and crosses a ball to no one. The ball was for Noorafkan but he couldn't understand that Noorafkan isn't committing to the run.
    To confirm his lack of game IQ and slow thinking, watch his slow brain at min 68:30. It takes him a whole second to wake up and process that he needs to run back and defend on a dangerous counter. He stood still for a second; just watching the counter develop. Then he retrieves the ball because of Iraq’s poor cross, but he goes on to cross it right into an Iraqi player in front of him.
    And don't get me started on his ballerina pose while recovering the ball which could've resulted in a handball in the penalty box. Thankfully we have a Suarez-Cavani like offense in Taremi and Azmoun which resulted in a goal out of nothing.
    Nourollahi goes on to do the same thing at min 72:40 where his brain needs to process the situation for a second. He stands still then chases the ball holder instead of covering his man who was open. Thankfully Noorafkan saved our asses.
    At min 79:25 his poor first touch gives an opportunity for Iraq to punish us.
    By the way, remember how you guys said that Iraq only had one shot on target this game? Guess who caused it.. The legend himself; Nourollahi. At min 88 he blindly switches off and jogs towards the ball which leaves his man unmarked for a shot on goal. Just seconds later he completely Hajsafis the ball.
    His vision and decision-making is poor for him to play for the national team. He lacks game IQ and he doesn't read situations well. He can't read plays to prevent them. He just lives in the moment and sometimes in the past, when his brain often lags behind.

Why Iran won

We did not outplay Iraq by any means. We actually played horribly. We won because of individual brilliancy (Taremi, Azmoun, Noorafkan pass, Kanaani initiative, Shoja heading, etc).
    Taremis goal was world class because of his- and Azmouns talents. You can’t rely on such goals every game.
    You need a game plan with midfielders who can play intelligently and create. We had terrible build up plays. We need a different midfield. Just remove the goal moments from the game and you will clearly see how bad we played.

Free kicks

Even our free kicks were bad. Jahanbakhsh should lose his captaincy just for his ego of taking a free kick ahead of Ghoddos.
    Jahanbakhsh was already playing sloppy at this point because we know he isn’t fit for 90 mins, but he still takes the free kick which shows that he isn’t objective in the sole purpose of doing what's best for the team which is letting Ghoddos take it.

Skočić's decisions

I stand corrected from my post-match analysis from the Syria game. Nourollahi should never play again at this point.

Skočić doesn't seem bright to me. How do you watch this game as the head coach and yet wait until min 87 to make subs?
    I had Gholizadeh in my starting eleven for this game and he scored within a couple minutes of being on the pitch. He needs to play as a CAM.
    Some people feel like Ghayedi should start ahead of Gholizadeh, but Ghayedi is a power sub because when legs are tired he will run circles around them. You need strong options on the bench. Gholizadeh however will give us intelligent passes from the middle of the pitch if he gets to play as a CAM.

The CM situation

The CM situation is getting ridiculous and we don't have much time. We need to replace Nourollahi and Amiri. We called up Niknafs, Y.Salmani and Karimi. Either give them a shot or someone else but no more of Nourollahi. Amiri can be a sub.

Let's fix the issues and dominate the next two games. Very exciting games next month.
    #BanNoorafkan

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for backing posts that criticise Skocic and Nouro but lol at 'everyone needs to read this so screw the thread. I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION'.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      I mean don't get me wrong, I'm all for backing posts that criticise Skocic and Nouro but lol at 'everyone needs to read this so screw the thread. I DEMAND YOUR ATTENTION'.
      I put effort into analyzing the game and giving everyone time stamps on my points. What is the point of presenting this information if people don't see it?

If you agree that we need to criticize the performance (specially when people have different opinions on clear matters) then isn't this thread necessary?
      #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Lay off the haterade son. Two convincing wins in two matches against Iraq whereas we could only dream of beating them under the leadership of Queiroz and Wilmots the highly esteemed Euro coaches. Just enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
          Lay off the haterade son. Two convincing wins in two matches against Iraq whereas we could only dream of beating them under the leadership of Queiroz and Wilmots the highly esteemed Euro coaches. Just enjoy the ride.
          I added time stamps to back up my points which makes it a fact. How is that hate?

Why wouldn't you encourage us to maximize the teams potential when we can clearly see the flaws?

The midfield simply doesn't do the rest of the team justice considering how talented some of our players are.

Queiroz played defensive football and Wilmots wasn't putting in any effort.

Skočić is passionate and wants to coach this team. He is trying his best to play offensive football. Therefore, we can't compare these circumstances.
          #BanNoorafkan

Comment

It is good to be critical with one self, even after a victory, but your analysis is to pessimistic.

First of all, could you give us a recent example for a TM victory, which was based on solid game planning, just to understand what your take on that notion is.

I agree with Nourollahi, he had some nice passed but he is not able to give us control in the middle-field. The problem that we have, is our instability and lack of creativity in the Middlefield, so that Azmoun and Taremi need to fall back to receive the ball from the middle-field. But this is nothing new to Skocic; if you re-watch the WC 2018 or AC 2019 we hade the exact same issue under CQ.

Since Ando and specially Nekounam have left Team Melli, the middle field became our Achilles heel. Ezzath. has the potential to be a solid solution but he need to fix his club situation ASAP.

Hope we will find some youngsters for the middle-field in the near future.

Comment

We won by luck because we were the under dogs
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                It is good to be critical with one self, even after a victory, but your analysis is to pessimistic.
                First of all, could you give us a recent example for a TM victory, which was based on solid game planning, just to understand what your take is on that notion.
                I agree with Nourollahi, he had some nice passed but he is not able to give us control in the middle-field. The problem that we have a huge gap in the Middlefield, so that Azmoun and Taremi need to fall back to receive the ball from the middle-field is nothing new to Skocic. If you re-watch the WC 2018 or AC 2019 we hade the exact same issue under CQ. Since Ando and specially Nekounam have left Team Melli, the middle field became our Achilles heel. Ezzath. has the potential to be a solid solution but he need to fix his club situation ASAP.
                Hope we will find some youngsters for the middle-field in the near future.
                The first goal against Iraq was thanks to Noorafkans own initiative and determination to pass Taremi. Then Taremi crossed it with a world class technique. Their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. It had to do with their personal efforts and talents.

The second goal against Iraq was thanks to Azmoun and Taremi. They created and scored out of absolutely nothing. Once again, their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. They have simply evolved their game from years of experience and development together and individually.

You calling me pessimistic and Sepehr9 calling me a hater is disrespectful towards our players because you guys are giving credit to the coach when the players carried this game.

All you guys are doing is minimizing me instead of actually watching the time stamps and be objective.

The only thing you guys are seeing is the scoreline and thinking that the coach should have all the credit for it.

Iraq didn't have their two main goalkeepers, Adnan, Bashar Resan, and they had a coach who has had 1 month with the team and underestimated Iran because of South Koreas poor efforts. And yet they were still competitive and a tough time for our midfield.
                #BanNoorafkan

Comment

also everybody should watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21mLECfpv3M
                  now, did he tell the time bcuz of luck or was it his superior tactics with the donkeys balls?
                  well he he was accurate atleast

cant say its bcuz of players since it has to be tactics to open up the play aswell.
                  got the felling that its only tactics if the coach makes the goal himself.
                  iv critisized the planning and all lack of gameplan before but vs iraqis we played well, and i changed my mind against syria its not eazy vs 11 men defending but we got through.
                  what we need is longer camps, with our legionaries there for more than 2 days before game.

I do agree on the subs could have been 10 minutes earlier for sure.
                  and the defenders need more training together so they dont give up that 1 clear goalchance out of nothing per game. this all i connect to to litle time in the camp together.
                  Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                    also everybody should watch this video
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21mLECfpv3M
                    now, did he tell the time bcuz of luck or was it his superior tactics with the donkeys balls?
                    well he he was accurate atleast
                    cant say its bcuz of players since it has to be tactics to open up the play aswell.
                    got the felling that its only tactics if the coach makes the goal himself.
                    iv critisized the planning and all lack of gameplan before but vs iraqis we played well, and i changed my mind against syria its not eazy vs 11 men defending but we got through.
                    what we need is longer camps, with our legionaries there for more than 2 days before game.
                    I do agree on the subs could have been 10 minutes earlier for sure.
                    The game opens up because of Taremi's and Azmoun's movements. Do you think Porto's coach or Skočić taught that to Taremi? Taremi is were he is today because of himself 100%.
                    He works hard and does everything to be in the starting eleven. Can't get service? No problem, he becomes the provider himself from midfield.

Do you think Skočić told Noorafkan or rehearsed with him in practice to find our forwards with the type of pass he gave for the first goal? No, Noorafkan is determined to perform well and is motivated. He is a warrior like Taremi and that's why it happened.

Skočić even gave Salmani, Amiri and Milad chances before Noorafkan which proves my point. He simply tried his last card for left-back.
                    #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                      The first goal against Iraq was thanks to Noorafkans own initiative and determination to pass Taremi. Then Taremi crossed it with a world class technique. Their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. It had to do with their personal efforts and talents.

The second goal against Iraq was thanks to Azmoun and Taremi. They created and scored out of absolutely nothing. Once again, their efforts had nothing to do with Skočić's tactics. They have simply evolved their game from years of experience and development together and individually.

You calling me pessimistic and Sepehr9 calling me a hater is disrespectful towards our players because you guys are giving credit to the coach when the players carried this game.

All you guys are doing is minimizing me instead of actually watching the time stamps and be objective.

The only thing you guys are seeing is the scoreline and thinking that the coach should have all the credit for it.

Iraq didn't have their two main goalkeepers, Adnan, Bashar Resan, and they had a coach who has had 1 month with the team and underestimated Iran because of South Koreas poor efforts. And yet they were still competitive and a tough time for our midfield.
                      You didn't answer my question, could you name me please a recent victory of TM, which indicates for your good game-planning.

The way you breakdown our goals and attribute them solely on the abilities of our players, you can question tactics/game-planning in all the winnings of Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, ManU etc. since they have the best players in the world. Based on your logic, Pep Guardiola was a nobody because all the success of Barcelona depends on Messi dribbling skills and Xavi&Iniesta build up game.

Comment

just a matter of time, could be posted in the grade the players thread?

anyway doodoodododooo :iranflag
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Philosophy_King View Post
                          You didn't answer my question, could you name me please a recent victory of TM, which indicates for your good game-planning.

The way you breakdown our goals and attribute them solely on the abilities of our players, you can question tactics/game-planning in all the winnings of Barcelona, Bayern, Madrid, ManU etc. since they have the best players in the world. Based on your logic, Pep Guardiola was a nobody because all the success of Barcelona depends on Messi dribbling skills and Xavi&Iniesta build up game.

You can clearly see a game plan when Guardiola's teams play. It's not even comparable.

Just because Iran doesn't beat Iraq on a regular basis doesn't mean that I should settle for our performance. I have a winning mentality for the team and I do my part to show how we can improve.

You're implying that Iran can't play better than this and that I should settle with this situation. That's why you called me pessimistic. I'm letting you know that Iran can play much better than this with the points I made in this thread.
                          #BanNoorafkan

Comment

i look forward to Skocic reading this thread and then doing this vs the Emirates
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbYkTEYGS5s

we need longer trainingcamps though.. with all players in the camp
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Preezy View Post
                              You can clearly see a game plan when Guardiola's teams play. It's not even comparable.
                              Just because Iran doesn't beat Iraq on a regular basis doesn't mean that I should settle for our performance. I have a winning mentality for the team and I do my part to show how we can improve.
                              You're implying that Iran can't play better than this and that I should settle with this situation. That's why you called me pessimistic. I'm letting you know that Iran can play much better than this with the points I made in this thread.
                              I didn't call you pessimistic, but your analysis. Don't know why you are so offended by that... TM can ALWAYS do better just as every other Team in the world. Aiming for perfection is the highest value in sports in general. If you read my posts, you will see that i agree that TM can still improve, but to totally downplay all efforts from the coaching-stuff seems to be misplaced. I ask again give us a recent example for a TM game, were one could see clear game-planning, according to your view.

I have also indicate that the lack of creative contribution to our attack from the Middlefield is a problem, which we already had under CQ. Just re-watch how we scored and win in the Iran-China game in AC-Quarterfinals 2019. One can't attribute these deficit to Skocic.
                              We had Azmoun and Taremi also before Skocic and were nearly knocked out of our group, loosing to Bahrain and Iraq. Even in the CQ era we were not able to perform well against Iraq, a Team which is always difficult to play against.

And lastly the name of Thread is also misleading. You are confusing Luck and individual Quality. A good example for a lucky victory was TM victory in WCQ 2014 opener against Uzbekistan in Tashkent.

Comment

Working...
                              X