X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex Samizadeh @ Kilmarnock F.C. | 2017-2018

Kilmarnock coach on Alex:

“We have signed Alex Samizadeh. He has passed his medical. I have a feeling he is going to be a fans’ favourite.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...back-1-4498769

Video of Alex with the squad: https://twitter.com/OfficialKillie/s...10653822889984

Damn he's short 😂 All jokes aside, I hope he impresses with this team and can prove he's ready for some legit competition in another league

Comment

Originally posted by arkm110 View Post
      Damn he's short 😂 All jokes aside, I hope he impresses with this team and can prove he's ready for some legit competition in another league
      He's 5'8"... not even that bad

Comment

Originally posted by TheWheels View Post
        He's 5'8"... not even that bad
        According to transfermarkt, he's 1.72 m, which is 5'6". Pretty short for a man.

Comment

Hopefully he'll get a call up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
            172cm = 5 feet 7.7 inches. He is still short, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
              Hopefully he'll get a call up soon.
              I think if he performs well, then he should definitely get called up for TM. This league is not as bad as some make it out to be.

I've actually watched a lot Celtic's league games last season (mostly because of Australian gem, Rogic) and surprisingly there are a lot of technically gifted players throughout that league. It might suit Alex's style much more than the championship would.

But I won't get ahead of myself. Game time will be very important for Alex this season. Given his stature and youthfulness, playing time won't be certain.

He needs to really impress in training.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                172 isn't 5'6", like persianfire said it's basically 5'8"

Comment

Height doesn't mean anything when it comes to pure talent. Messi is 5'7". David Silva is 5'8". Real Madrid actually didnt sign David Silva when he was a teenager bc of his height, so he went to Valencia and im sure Real Madrid regretted that decision few years later.
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually if you watch his game, his low center of gravity helps him. He is short but really stocky and powerful and hard to push off the ball. I would say if he does well ( scores like 10 goals) he might get called up, but we have so many top strikers right now I cant see it. Next in line for a call up is Kaveh. Maybe in 2-3 years samizadeh will be a factor for TM.

Comment

He will only be 22 for the WC in 2022 so he has plenty of time to break into the TM starting 11. If he performs well this in the next 2 years I can see him earning a big money move somewhere, and becoming one of our best forwards. Of course, as you said we have a lot of great strikers these days so it won't be easy even with his talent. Nice problem to have as TM fans tho lol
                      Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

Originally posted by persianfire View Post
                        172cm = 5 feet 7.7 inches. He is still short, though.
                        what choo talkin bout willis ??
                        thats my exact hight

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          what choo talkin bout willis ??
                          thats my exact hight
                          5'8 isn't short, still taller than average women. 5'5 is short though, as that's about the average height for women, except for Asian ladies ofcourse

Comment

Apparently, Alex has signed with Kilmarnock permanently and is no longer owned by Bolton W:

"Alex Samizadeh leaves Wanderers for pro deal at SPL club Kilmarnock

ALEX Samizadeh has signed a permanent deal with Scottish club Kilmarnock.

The Bolton News understands the striker turned down the chance of a third-year scholarship to pursue a professional deal in the SPL.

Wanderers had initially discussed a loan deal with Lee McCulloch’s side as they waited for the Iran-born 18-year-old to make his decision this summer.

But Phil Parkinson confirmed he could not offer him pro terms, feeling he was not ready to step up into the senior ranks of Championship football.

“He has signed, it isn’t a loan,” he told The Bolton News. “Kilmarnock asked us about taking him on and I just felt Alex wasn’t going to be good enough for what we need.

“He has gone up there now and we wish him the best.”

Samizadeh made two sub appearances for Wanderers, the first of which was as a late substitute at Brentford in the Championship.

He was loaned out on work experience to Conference North neighbours Chorley last season and boasted a competitive scoring record at Under-18s and Under-23s level.

Fans clamoured for the youngster to be pushed towards the senior ranks but speaking after Samizadeh had scored four times against QPR last September, development squad boss David Lee said he was not ready for first team football.

“I think we have to temper expectations a little bit,” he said. “Scoring four goals is great and it is what Alex does – he’s a goalscorer – but there are other parts of his game that we need to improve.

“He has so many good attributes, enthusiasm, endeavour, and over the next 12-18 months if he can focus on developing as a player he will have that opportunity.

“If you thrust him into a first team game right now it could highlight the deficiencies and I think that could be detrimental to his career.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport...at_Kilmarnock/

Comment

good
                              Fk Bolton & their racist cunt coach

If he performs well & keep tappin em in @ a decent rate in Scottish league too, he'd be destined for much bigger clubs than the lowly Bolton.

Comment

Working...
                              X